Here is the scoop with B.C. Rich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is the scoop with B.C. Rich

Yes, the Speedloader is all done, but the big thing is so is the Standard "NJ" line, with the Exception of the NJ Classics. They are now opting for the NT line which is basicly the NJ in a Neck-Thru version.

BC Rich is catching a lot of heat for having $150 Chinese guitars, but there is a huge market for it and the same thing is being done by Dean, Wasburn, Peavey, Gibson, Fender and just about every other manufacturer.

Matt

I posted this like 2 months ago. Don't forget their metal-top guitars are also neck-through. And of course, you've left out the invisibolt (I.T.) guitars...

What I haven't confirmed is that the new NT guitars are made in China. The previous NJ guitars (which always was a misnomer since NJ stands for Nagoya, Japan) were made in Korea but I've hear rumours that the NTs are/will be made in China.

Anyway, props to them for coming up with more neck-through guitars in their range. Not that I'd buy 'em.
    Last edited by Sanctuary; 04-16-2006, 12:40 AM.
    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

BC Rich have pretty much become a joke. If I go in a store and see BC Rich guitars, I don't even give them a second look. They look cheap, feel cheap, have a bunch of stupid body shapes, stupid headstock shapes, and ugly paint jobs. BC Rich sells guitars to 14 year olds. That's where they make their money, and I don't see them changing any time soon.

I used to be a huge BC Rich lover too.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

are those neckthru NJs really that bad? they seem to be a good deal for the price, but i've never played one. i understand that they may not be as good as a US model, etc, but are they horrible? to be honest, i bought a bronze warlock 4-5 years ago from MF and it played fine and sounded way better than it should have.
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

From my experience, the Classics aren't that bad, but there are other guitars in that price range that are a lot better, such as the PRS SEs. I guess its different strokes for different folks though, rarely does someone buy a PRS when they come in looking for a BC Rich.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler
            BC Rich sells guitars to 14 year olds.
            That's probably true, but these "NT" guitars aren't affordable to 14 year-olds, so what gives?

I am so sick of seeing the Widow Head Stock on every damn thing...

Comment

I hope BC Rich can pull it's head out of the gutter soon.

Comment

Originally posted by sully
                are those neckthru NJs really that bad? they seem to be a good deal for the price, but i've never played one. i understand that they may not be as good as a US model, etc, but are they horrible? to be honest, i bought a bronze warlock 4-5 years ago from MF and it played fine and sounded way better than it should have.
                I don't know about the newer ones...
                But I had a first-run NJ Neckthru Mockingbird (Clouds on rosewood is just NOT right...not to mention a script logo on the rosewood cap on the headstock...LOL!)

Anyway...I dumped it real quick because first it was really heavy for me. I typically hate guitars that weigh over 8lbs

Besides that....it felt and looked kinda cheap when you looked at it up close. But for what you pay for them...Definately not worth it. I think I paid just short of 5 clams for it on ebay brand new.

Comment

Like I said, stay away from imports. You seem to have had some bad luck with them.

Comment

I've played some of the Classic models--neckthru w/ebony boards--at GC, and I can't say I've been that impressed. I mean, they're not 100% horrible, but if you've ever played a *real* BC Rich from the '80s, there's just no comparison other than the body shape. Even the '80s NJ neckthrus were pretty decent and actually seemed somewhat like the USA guitars. The new ones have the same shapes and nothing else.

Comment

Oh yeah....I agree with the early NJ Neckthrus totally...I've owned several!

The best being a Bich...with all the electronic goodies and the high-end paint job (the violet pearl sunburst). I had a couple of NT Mocks as well, and even an Ironbird for a while. THOSE were the cool imports, and when they disappeared, that was the end of that era.

Comment

Whats the difference between the NJ Set Neck's and the NT Neck Thru's?

Comment

Originally posted by donvandam
                          Whats the difference between the NJ Set Neck's and the NT Neck Thru's?
                          Confusion!

NT = Neck Thru
                          There's only neck thru and bolt on BC's...although they have this new hide-bolt system I haven't read much into yet. Someone else here may be able to explain that one to you.

The only setneck guitar that BC made (that I'm aware of) was the "Exclusive"...it was a double cutaway LP type guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdZ
                            There's only neck thru and bolt on BC's...although they have this new hide-bolt system I haven't read much into yet. Someone else here may be able to explain that one to you.
                            Are you sure they're not doing the "set-thru" thing now like Schecter does? My 7-string 007 Elite looks like it's a neck-thru, but it's actually set in and the heel is sculpted around it to make it look and feel like it's a neck-thru. Not sure if BC Rich is doing this now or they've got a procedure to hide the actual bolts.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdZ
                              The only setneck guitar that BC made (that I'm aware of) was the "Exclusive"...it was a double cutaway LP type guitar.
                              Thanks for playing, but wrong. There have been set-necks in BCRs ancient past and recent history. The last one was the Warlock Deluxe offered through Musicians Friend last year. It looks neck-through but it's actually a set-neck ala ESP/LTD. Also, we've seen very early BC Ricos with set-necks like the Seagull II. It's also noted that the Japanese-only "R" (hand-made/production for the Japanese market in Japan, a bit like Jackson "Stars" series) have used set-necks on multiple models including things like Stealths...

Comment

Working...
                              X