Lynch Tiger Stripe arrives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynch Tiger Stripe arrives

I know some of you guys out there aren't ESP fans, but this one was (I think) a bargain. E-bay item for under a third the price of a new one (RRP). It's immaculate - doesn't look played (although the strings feel played) without a mark on it. Plays really nicely - the neck is wider and less deep than my Wolfgang - feels a bit like an Ibanez PGM neck (but is deeper than that one). It doesn't feel "unfinished" like EBMMs & Wolfgangs - slightly lacquered - but smooth nonetheless & plays really nicely (in my untutored, semi-semi-skilled opinion). It has a Seymour JB (instead of the normal Screamin' Demon?) - but the paperwork in the case suggests that this was factory installed. The whole guitar is bloody heavy - almost Les Paul heavy (although I haven't got the scales out yet!).

Nice!
    Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Congrats!

Comment

Cool score Wal....
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

very nice I have always liked those....heavy suckers though
        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Same here...very cool & very heavy = GREAT tone! Congrats on the good deal!

Comment

One of these days I am going to get one of those.

Comment

Cool guitar. Aren't the bodies on those solid maple? I think at least a few of the George Lynch series guitars are solid maple and thus, fairly heavy.
              Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

yeah if it's heavy it's solid maple.

I love those ESP hockey stick headstocks. they are way cool.

nice grab!
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Yep good catch indeed.
                  Most of Lynch's signature models are solid guitars, highly recommend them.
                  Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

it's like if you have a guitar like that you better be able to play it.

man the more I look at that one the more I like it. I love his kamakazi guitars. sick sick design.
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Comment

i always liked the look of most of the lynch guitars but i never got along with the tone of a maple body. still good lookers though!

-Mike
                          www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

What does a heavy maple body sound like?
                            Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Very nice. I like all the Lynch models

Comment

Working...
                              X