Made in China Squier strats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made in China Squier strats

Large headstock, S-S-S, vintage trem, maple-maple neck. Worth the $150.00 price tag?

Alvin
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

In a word-NO!!!!!!:ROTF: I get my USA others for that. Or, at least, a MIM Strat.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I have one of these strats http://www.dragonfireguitars.com/ind...b388edd88a0337

Made in China, plays just great. I am thinking about getting some noiseless pickups for it though

Comment

spend the extra couple bucks for the MIM strats man. avoid current Squiers at all costs I say.
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

yeah they suck...why buy a cheap waste of a hundred quid guitar anyway? :scratch:

Comment

Go for a MIM strat just as good as the USAs IMO.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I saw it at a flea market today and liked the large headstock and maple board. I didn't get it. Thanks for your input.

Alvin
              MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson
                I saw it at a flea market today and liked the large headstock and maple board. I didn't get it. Thanks for your input.

Alvin
                At least, you got to look at it and touch it. I feel sorry for the chumps that buy them on-line. Who knows I may find a Chinese guitar and it may be the "Yuan"
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

The newer Squier Standard Strats with big headstock are actually from Indonesia. I have one and they're really not bad, need a little #0000 steel wool on the frets though.

I had a couple of '98 Affinity Strats from China though, and I will tell you they were nicer than the MIM Fender strat I had at the same time. Nicer neck and fretwork, 22 frets instead of 21, pickups were actually hotter. Now don't confuse them with later plywood Affinity Strats, those suck bad. Fender realized it was a mistake making the Affinitys nicer than the MIM Fenders, so of course instead of upgrading the MIMs they made the Affinity line shittier.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I actualy own one of them... not bad at all.
                    Didn't pay $150 for it, but I'd say it's worth 150 bones.
                    The Affinity Special series are not bad for what they are.
                    Definitely swap out the pickups, but the necks feel pretty damn good.
                    Also, go for one with a trans finish... they kinda have to use better wood since you'll be able to see it.

-Rick

Comment

I have a gold one and love it, I knock it over, stays in tune, I liked the sound of the pickups better than my MIM strat.

Comment

Working...
                      X