A B C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A B C

Or, Another Budman Creation. Dave gets enough spotlight in the feedback section, so I figured I'd thank him here too with some pics of my Carvin.
    My DC400CA with polished black anodized pup rings a' la Dave.
    Thanks man!!

And for those of you wondering, "no show" top was not an option when I bought this guitar.
    Last edited by Flametop; 04-24-2006, 08:55 PM.
    The Buzzard does not fear
    The man in riot gear
    Harvest a skull of stone
    The Buzzard grows his own...

Very nice looking guitar

What's that piece of metal holding the trem in place?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Chang
      What's that piece of metal holding the trem in place?
      It's a piece of plastic, and it's called a Tremolok. It's meant to keep a Floyd in place when the strings are off.

Absolutely beautiful guitar, too!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i love the tremolok. one of the best inventions ever.
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully
          Sully, you are sooo right. Best purchase of a cheap, smart tool that I've ever made.
          And as for the rings, any one who's got a Carvin knows that the pup rings that come on them have three adjustment screws. This makes dropping another brand of pup straight in a bit of a pain in the ass. I have to say that Daves job on the rings he sent couldn't have been closer in spec as far as screw spacing and such.
          Last edited by Flametop; 04-24-2006, 10:21 PM.
          The man in riot gear
          Harvest a skull of stone

Comment

Yeah, I loved the Tremolok, too. I've got one laying around here, but I haven't had any guitars with Floyds for awhile. It'll be dusted off soon when I get my new Charvel Star, though.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Flametop,What color is that guitar? I have a DC400 that looks like the same color but I can't seem to match it up with any of the color chart in the Carvin catalogs that I have.

Comment

Nice! When I actually get a guitar again I'm gonna have to seek Budman out to make it look nicer

Comment

It needs some strings Cool looking rings you got there. Nice guitar too

Comment

Originally posted by sully
                    Bengal's Tremolok = Paint stick for recessed Floyds or 2 business cards stacked on a non-recessed Floyd (ink side up of course)

Nice guitar rings on a great guitar and Budman is the man on parts!
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Is that guitar a neck-thru?
                      Where can you buy a tremlok?
                      Just one more guitar!

Comment

I did not know of this new fangled high tech device called Tremolok. I must obtain one. I shall search out this contraption you address as Tremolok. I've always used a book of matches. Well, no more baby!!!

See, this is what is cool about this place. You're always learning something. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Originally posted by metaljunkie
                          Flametop,What color is that guitar? I have a DC400 that looks like the same color but I can't seem to match it up with any of the color chart in the Carvin catalogs that I have.
                          It's trans-black stain on flamed maple with the five piece maple/koa neck through. I bought it in '98 and still wish I hadn't let the sales guy talk me into rounded body edges. I got tired of the ok but kinda lame carvin pups, and droped in some DiMarzios that I picked up from a forum member. Air Norton in the nack, Steves Special in the bridge. I wasn't sure how I would like the bridge pup and was thinking I would be going to a Tone Zone, but I'm really digging this Steves right now.
                          And as for the Tremolok, the one I have was made by Grip-Master.
                          The padded underside and beveled edge make it too damn handy to use instead of other objects.
                          The man in riot gear
                          Harvest a skull of stone

Comment

thanks for the kind words, my friend, they're very much appreciated, it looks great!
                            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Im a bit surprised, I love the rounded body sides. Why dont you like them?

Comment

Working...
                              X