No announcement yet.

What strat am i searching for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As Econ is pointing out, if you want a 24-fret Fender with H-S-S pickups and a Floyd (well, actually a Kahler that is Floyd-style), then you may want to check out an HM Strat. The scale length is slightly shorter than the standard Strat scale of 25.5" and the neck is touch wider, but it might be a guitar that you would like.

The HM's haven't been made since the very early '90's, but you can find them on eBay and other places pretty cheaply.
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Freehill
      The American Standard Strat with Floyd upgrade is available according to Fender's site.

http://www.fender.com/products/searc...partno=1134700

Edit: Only available with a 21 fret rosewood fretboard though, so not exactly everything you were looking for.
      That's not an American Strat.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon
        That's not an American Strat.
        My bad, thought that was a US model.

Comment

Originally posted by fuel0707
          As Econ is pointing out, if you want a 24-fret Fender with H-S-S pickups and a Floyd (well, actually a Kahler that is Floyd-style), then you may want to check out an HM Strat. The scale length is slightly shorter than the standard Strat scale of 25.5" and the neck is touch wider, but it might be a guitar that you would like.

The HM's haven't been made since the very early '90's, but you can find them on eBay and other places pretty cheaply.
          Mine actually came with a factory installed original floyd rose.

Comment

The HM's with the original Floyds are sweet! Hard to find though...

I had one with Floyd style Kahler, and it was a great player. The Kahlered versions are widely available on the used market.

Comment

Originally posted by Econ
              Mine actually came with a factory installed original floyd rose.
              Econ - do you have a picture of yours? The HM series went through several variations, including instruments made in Japan and the US, and I was curious what your looked like.

Sorry for the thread hijack.
              Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Working...
              X