Mojo Bodies / Warmoth project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjohnstone
    Pay close attention to the first two pics in post #17.
    You should be able to figure it out from there.
    Ohh, rear mounted pickup, that is smart! The guitar is overly cool, i totally dig the simplicity... it looks sooo clean! Fantastic job, average pics Mark, you know what we want
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Wow, that looks SCHA-WEET !!!
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I know the pics suck! I'm a terrible photographer with a crappy camera (not a good combination). I'll go try again in a few minutes. Actually the pickup is a press fit. It took some very accurate measuring and routing, but Denny pulled it off! It presses into the route very very snugly. The hole in the trem spring cavity is to remove it if need be. I can just push something through the hole and press the pickup out. It works like a champ. I did have to trim the ears off the pup and sand the lower sides as they're not perfecty square.
        And Travis, it sounds VERY sweet, and plays extremely nice. This is my first experience with a Warmoth neck, but it's by far the best playing neck I've ever had. I polished the fretboard to a high gloss, and finished the back of the neck in a satin finish urethane. I'll try to get that in some pics. Again, a HUGE thanks to Denny (Mojo Bodies), Warmoth, and of course our very own Budman who made the truss cover, trem spring cover, control cover, and jack plate all from brushed anodized aluminum. My only plan for the future of this axe is to get an OFR on it. The Schaller copy is very decent, but it won't stand the test of time I'm sure. It's what I had, so I used it!
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Fantastic, Mark, wish they would bottle your talent, bro -
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

MY talent???? No man, you guys that built all the parts are the talented ones! I guess I'm pretty decent with a paint gun and a screwdriver but.......I couldn't have built this axe myself. OK, final pics. This is the best I can get, and I know they still suck!

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
              Actually the pickup is a press fit. It took some very accurate measuring and routing, but Denny pulled it off! It presses into the route very very snugly. The hole in the trem spring cavity is to remove it if need be. I can just push something through the hole and press the pickup out. It works like a champ. I did have to trim the ears off the pup and sand the lower sides as they're not perfecty square.
              Nice... It looked like you had a single set screw holding it in, but pressure fit probably does a better job at picking up the tone from the body.
              And it looks fantastic!!!
              -Rick

Comment

I bet you wanna close up this thread, MasterbuilderMM, but i have yet another Q: did you clear coat the neck and then scraped the top of the frets clean? Or did you mask the frets and then clear coated it? Or or or and and and what what what????

I don't remember you covering this earlier and i'm not gonna read through it again. Thanks for the better pics! I still like the end result very much!
                Henrik

Comment

Thank you bro! yeah, it works so well I'm amazed myself!
                  Now....I swear this is the final pic, but I just got the headstock logo done (finally!). It's tagged like my custom car work, but gives credit where credit is due. If this logo meets everyones approval I'm going to disassemble the guitar and put two more coats of clear on the headstock. This one was a tuffy for me, but what do you all think????
                  Where the low E string hides it, it says "Special thanks to......

Comment

THAT'S GREAT!
                    Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
                      I bet you wanna close up this thread, MasterbuilderMM, but i have yet another Q: did you clear coat the neck and then scraped the top of the frets clean? Or did you mask the frets and then clear coated it? Or or or and and and what what what????

I don't remember you covering this earlier and i'm not gonna read through it again. Thanks for the better pics! I still like the end result very much!

Yes, I did forget to cover that, but I cleared the whole neck, then I used a fret crowning file to remove the clear from the frets. It was somewhat time consuming, but it worked! The only thing is that the file clogged up fairly quickly, so I was constantly filing, then cleaning the file. I did do a final level and polish on the frets after all that shit was done. The cool thing about it was that the clear stuck to the fretboard great, but came off the frets fairly easily. Then, at the joint between the fret and fretboard I final detailed it with the edge of a razorblade. The whole deal took about an hour, so it wasn't that bad.

Comment

We have our own Dan Erlewine
                        Henrik

Comment

indeed! looks great mark, and i really like the logo. that's very, very cool.
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Holy F**kin' Sh*t........

Comment

Very original guitar, well done! Warmoth necks are the best!
                              Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Bravo to all of you guys involved !!!!

I want one !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X