Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think of this deal?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...85&src=3TP6E9B

Is this something I need to jump-on immediately or is it just an OK deal?

(The reason I ask is that while I have been wanting a tele, I really haven't been shopping for one just yet...Is this an amazing deal or just so-so?)

The ad sure makes it look like a deal, loL!

Thanks,

Dan

Great deal! These things feel and look great for the money! I haven't played the Tele, but I've played a handful of the Strats from this series. I like them, and would probably recommend them. You're not at a huge financial loss if you don't like it either.

Comment

Decent deal... not mind blowing though.
      Sometimes they will give you 50% off.
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I hate Teles

Well, you asked me what I thought....
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
          I hate Teles

Well, you asked me what I thought....
          Correction big guy...he didn't ask you wat you thought of Teles...he asked what people think of this DEAL

I hate Teles too BTW....they remind me of County music. I can't see a practical use for a Tele in HM anyway..as black and "metaled out" as you can make them.

Comment

it's a good deal. teles are great. way more versatile than they look.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Decent deal, not the greatest. My local store was selling them for $310 last week, strats for $320. If you add shipping (is it free shipping?) you might pay more. Also, check to see if a local store will meet that price or come close to it. You really need to take a good look at some of the fretwork coming out of Mexico. I think the Mexican mades are great guitars for the price. On the other hand, you get what you paid for. You can't expect solid work all around at that price. A firsthand inspection is worth it.

Comment

Not a bad deal, in my opinion. The MIM Standards are pretty nice, in my experience.

I agree that you might want to print that page out and take it to your local Guitar Center, though. They'll definitely match it...and you might get a couple other color options. Of course, that means you'll have to pay tax instead of shipping...so it'll probably even out cost wise.

I used to hate Teles too, until I found a set neck Squier Tele with 2 hums in my local GC. Plays great and sounds like a mean mofo.

Bottom line...if you're looking to noodle around on some Stones or something, you won't find a better option.

Comment

Originally posted by musiciansfriend.com
                  We're sorry. This product has been discontinued.
                  doh
                  |My CSG gallery|
                  (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

It was a decent deal if it is what you are looking for. Me, I would rather spend the extra on the redone '06 MIM Std. instead. The '06s have had a few changes and refinments, the most notable is the switch to MJ frets, and (on the Strat) a full size trem block, and they also come with a gig bag as well now.

Comment

Originally posted by thebisch
                      It was a decent deal if it is what you are looking for. Me, I would rather spend the extra on the redone '06 MIM Std. instead. The '06s have had a few changes and refinments, the most notable is the switch to MJ frets, and (on the Strat) a full size trem block, and they also come with a gig bag as well now.
                      The small frets are what I always disliked about Strats, but MJ ones might move me!! Nice changes. Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdZ
                        I hate Teles too BTW....they remind me of County music.
                        What county do you live in again?
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                            What county do you live in again?
                            Touché!

That would be Sussex COUNTY music...which is really no different from most COUNTRY music...LOL!!
                            Last edited by FirebirdZ; 05-11-2006, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Tele=Country guitar

Give me Metal or Give me Death LOL!

Comment

Working...
                              X