Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AGILE guitars... Anybody with experince/feedback about them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robotechnology
    My friend and I took a little trip to Rondo a few months back and tried out about 30 Agiles between the two of us. We put them ALL down really quick, most of them never passed the unplugged test either. Try before you buy, otherwise I think you'll be sorely disappointed. The only Agile that did it for me was the Intercepter (their long scale 7-String), the rest were most underwelming whether they were the $300 or the $500 ones... I'd rather own a Schecter, LTD, or Ibanez for the same money.
    Well, I guess I got lukcy, because mine sounds great and plays nicely.

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin
      Well, I guess I got lukcy, because mine sounds great and plays nicely.

Mike
      +1 Here! I was really impressed and still am
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Well, I ordered my dbl neck Saturday and I got the confirmation email today that it will go out within the next 2 two days.
        I would think i should have it by the weekend, I'll give you an update next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65
          +1 Here! I was really impressed and still am
          +2 My agile is fantastic. After a complete set up mine plays like butter. I'm actually comfortable comparing it to most any other Korean import (and I've owned a lot of them!!).

Comment

I modded mine alot LoL just for cosmetics, originaly all I did was have it set up. But it plays great & I gotta have Emgs so now it Frickin Growls.
            According To The Prophecy

Comment

Eh, they're ok but it's the price that makes them attractive. Personally, I would spend a little more and go for the Dean, Jackson, or Ibanez stuff. I have a couple of import Deans that are among my favorite guitars.

Comment

[/IMG]
                I'm very happy with it, especially for the price.
                For me, I'm not going to play this all night long, so I'm not comparing it to my main LP that I do use all night long.
                I replaced the 6 string side PUs with a Tone Zone and a Gibson 496r which is what I have in my LP. I will say that I had no problem with the stock PUs, I'm just a little anal about it.
                The neck radius is pretty nice, I don't know the exact specs, but I'd say it's closer to a Gibson "60s" than "50s"
                Grover tuners are nice, but I was hoping to put the older kluson style to take a little wieght off the neck end so it balanced a little better, but it's not to bad. the reason I can't is that the 12 string headstock isn't as long as an Epi/Gibson so they used mini grovers.
                Eventually I'll change the plastic nuts, and there was one ding or dent on the top side (where your thumb would be) of the 12 string neck up by the 12th fret, nothing major, also most as if the clear coat was drying and it was leaned up against something type of ding, it's small enough that if I don't point it out to someone, they'd probably not notice, but it was new, so I was a little bummed. Definately not worth bitching or returning it over though.
                It did come with the case, which was cool, the case it's great, not like a fitted case, actually reminds me of the case you get with the Ovation DBL neck.
                The fretboards are nice and smooth, no resistance at all, it stays in tune real well so far, the 12 set still has the stock gauge, I'd say about a 10 gauge.
                I put Ernie Ball 11-54 on the 6 string side, no problems with either neck so far after a slight adjustment as soon as it came out of the box.
                Obviously, it's got some weight to it, but nothing compared to the old Ibanez 1275 copy, that thing was a monster.
                Overall though, honestly, I'm happy with it especially for the modifications I have planned and for the amount I will use it per gig.
                I would recomend them to someone on the fence about them.

Comment

Looks cool man! How is the tonezone?
                  Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Excellent, I have one in 4 of my 5 electrics.

Comment

Congrats! You got it! Nice instrument and thanks for the report. I just got word my Fernandez sustainer got shipped today, so my AL-2000 will soon be my AL-2000S (S for Schon)
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

wow, if they just didn't have that offset body outline, I'd be all over one of these.
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Thanks Bengal65.
                          Sounds like you got a pretty good Agile axe going over there too!

Comment

Yea, it's pretty amazing and I'm an "American only" kind of guy. I just got my Fernandez sustainer in and it is not exactly described correctly to me. I couldn't get any schematics of it before I ordered it. So, I'm either going to have to make me some router templates, or get a Sustainiac and return or put the Fernandez in another guitar. The Fernandez has the on/off and octave toggle switches soldered to the circuit board and I wanted the on/off and octave switching to be attached to a push/pull tone or volume pot. Rats! I'l have to figure out something. If I do the routing, it will be very close to exact of the Gibson Neil Schon model.

Comment

Can anyone post an mp3 clip of their Agile LP doing some rhythm chugging? Preferably just the guitar straight into the recorder, and I'll run it through my own amp modeler. Thanks.
                              Just a guitar player...

Comment

Originally posted by BCRich86
                                That's god to hear, Thanks.
                                Anybody else?
                                Mike is very knowledgable, but that's going a little too far.:ROTF: :ROTF:
                                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                                X