Jersey Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jersey Star

Always loved the way these looked so I picked one up. I still don't know if they're actually built in the U.S.A. or not, but regardless...VERY nice guitar. Absolutely has that 80's Kramer feel, pickups are decent, Original Floyd, real sharp inlays, light, set-up nicely just needed a truss rod tweak. Lots of useable tones in the switching. It's nice enough that I would have no problem spending the $$ to upgrade the pickups. I may replace the bridge pickup, it's kind of dark sounding, the other pickups are fine in my opinion. Nice fret job too!

Comment

Very cool Doug, have always wondered how these were........

Shawn
      Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Cool if one is into that kind of stuff. I bet that It´s a nice guitar though.

Comment

From what I have read in the Kramer Forum, the guitars are built overseas and assembled in the U.S., much like the original Kramer American Series guitars were. One reason for this is the cost of having the inlay work done. Apparently the most cost effecient alternative for the inlay work is to have it done overseas because they both cut the inlay and route the fingerboard using a Laser cutting machine as opossed to a router bit which rounds the corners of the stars.

Check out Vintagekramer.com for more info.
          Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Another cool feature of that guitar is the way the slide switch is positioned. I always liked those guitars. Sambora is a great player.

Comment

I had one up until about a month ago, my wife lost her job and she freaked out about bills so I sold mine to help keep up. It was a excellent guitar, it really broke my heart to let it go, but life goes on.
              Good Luck with it.

Comment

doug...they are great guitars. I helped Kramer with the specs to build them. I owned Sambora's real Kramer so I sent them all the close pics and measurements. They sent me #1. The guitar is made very true to Richies. They made someimprovements where they could, like the floyd posts. Richie's Kramer had Schaller pickups, but they went with Duncan Designed.

Nice acquisition!
                Monte

Comment

I thought the pickups were made by Gibson? Did you sell #1

Comment

Monte,...WAY COOL! They came out great, feels just like an 80's Kramer. Mine's #040173, is that the 173rd in 04? Did the specs. ever change during production? Was 2004 the first year? Thanks...
                    Originally posted by monte
                    doug...they are great guitars. I helped Kramer with the specs to build them. I owned Sambora's real Kramer so I sent them all the close pics and measurements. They sent me #1. The guitar is made very true to Richies. They made someimprovements where they could, like the floyd posts. Richie's Kramer had Schaller pickups, but they went with Duncan Designed.

Nice acquisition!
                    Monte

Comment

i got rid of #1. I will get another one someday..they are nice guitars.

The specs didn't change during production except on the pickups.

Yes....040173 is #173 made in 2004....that was the first year. It was a year in the planning phase.

It is called the Jersey Star because Richie was not on board with it. I think he disassociated himself with the Kramers and the 80s for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                      X