Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love

I have fallen in love today and this beauty was soooooooooooooooo, sooooooooooo gentle to me let me be in control, she let me touch her wherever I wantd, and let me play with her all night. I had a wonderful time and hope today will not be the only time I see her I love her soooooooooo much.

This little number I am talking about is a 1986 Gibson SG Standard Heritage Cherry in almost mint condition.it played sooo nice, it was like butter and played awwwww sooo smooth.this was by far the best guitar I have ever played, and I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of pickups this beauty had in it around that time or was it using the 490R and 498T pickups like the new standards, thanx.

dirty fingers?
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

And the purpose of this thread is what?

Pictures are mandatory.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

490R/498T were pretty much standard fare in Les Pauls and SG's from 1990 on up. My 1979 SG had Gibson Super Humbuckers. I have a 1998 with the 490R/498T - never had any Gibsons from the 80's.

Try the Les Paul Forum, other Gibson's section, Tone Zone, or try http://www.everythingsg.com/ for answers.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler
          And the purpose of this thread is what?

Pictures are mandatory.

+1..........
          "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

I was just saying how much I liked that guitar and incase you didnt see I did ask a question in there, that was my main purpose for posting this thread.

Comment

If the pickups have 12 adj pole pieces per pickup they are dirty fingers.If they are marked 137 and 138 on the base plate they are Shaw pickups.If they have a "patent applied for" sticker on the back they are 57's(PAF clones).The original DF's are quite muddy when driven hard,the Shaws are quite brittle tone wise was but kick ass and the 57's are sweet.I love the 80's Gibsons a lot I've had several 83 L.P.studios,68 and 72 SG's and JR's, melody makers Love them all.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
              X