Ibanez S540 LTD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez S540 LTD

Whats the skinny on these? Anyone own or play one?

Ive always thought they were sexy, but never played one. I might be able to swing a deal on one, but i wont get to play it before i buy, im relying on you guys!

Cheers,

Steve

I have a few of them. They play great, have perfect balance and the Low Pro trem is the best in the business.
    There is nothing you can't do with a 540. I prefer the older ones but the LTD's are ver nice too.

Comment

I dont know the year, but its a HSH, sharktooth inlays, has a "custom" inlay on the 21st fret. The finish has been stripped, and it looks like mahogany is that any help on an ident?

What is/was the differences between the LTDs and the originals?

Thanks for your help!

Comment

A friend of mine had one of those come through his shop recently. It was a real nice guitar, much more ballsy than the slim body would suggest, and those Ibanez necks just play themselves!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Ians Beard
          I dont know the year, but its a HSH, sharktooth inlays, has a "custom" inlay on the 21st fret. The finish has been stripped, and it looks like mahogany is that any help on an ident?

What is/was the differences between the LTDs and the originals?

Thanks for your help!
          Not too much difference between the originals and the ones marked with the custom inlay.
          The biggest difference is the newer ones have the AANJ neck joint. The early ones have the traditional heel and rectangular neck plate.
          They come H/S/S and H/S/H.
          I believe that all 540's have the Low Pro trem and Ibanez pickups that are actually made by Dimarzio.
          The newer ones have the huge bubinga stripe on the back. The early ones have no stripe.
          I love them.

Comment

i have a first year 540S and it has the original edge, not the lo-pro. it has the ibanez/USA F pickups which were made by dimarzio. it is HSS, with 3 on/off switched and a coil tap push/pull volume pot. VERY versatile guitar. it came with the ibanez back stop trem setter thing in it. it has a different neck than the wizard. i forget the name of it. it has smal pearl dots on the fretboard. and chrome hardware.

i will NEVER get rid of that guitar. i have had since i was 12. i am 32 now. that guitar will be buried with me!!!
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD
              i have a first year 540S and it has the original edge, not the lo-pro. it has the ibanez/USA F pickups which were made by dimarzio. it is HSS, with 3 on/off switched and a coil tap push/pull volume pot. VERY versatile guitar. it came with the ibanez back stop trem setter thing in it. it has a different neck than the wizard. i forget the name of it. it has smal pearl dots on the fretboard. and chrome hardware.

i will NEVER get rid of that guitar. i have had since i was 12. i am 32 now. that guitar will be buried with me!!!
              I didn't know the early ones came with the Edge. I had a 540 with the backstop too. The neck was fully bound with sharkfins.

Comment

Working...
              X