Another MIM strat ... Floyd this time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another MIM strat ... Floyd this time

I'm really surprised at the quality of this one. Ping Floyd Rose with a brass block (looks and feels like a dead-on copy of an OFR), a very nice sounding humbucker and warm singles (bell tone), excellent fit and finish, low action, has the micro-tilt system, very flamed rosewood board, etc. Like many of you, I would have liked a maple board. I held out on one of these for that reason and got an MIM standard instead, but have since parted with that one because I was aching for the tuning stability of a Floyd but still wanted a strat. I've toyed with the idea of getting a maple board, but I can't find one cheap enough with a Floyd Rose nut shelf. Warmoth wants too much ... might as well just buy another guitar going that direction, so I guess I'll be happy with rosewood for now. Anyway, here's pics:

My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Looks nice!

Comment

very nice!!
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Awesome!!

Comment

I'm not up on MIM serial numbers - is this an '06? I've been eyeing one those...ees nise...

Comment

I've got 3 and they are great guitars......This one looks sweet!
            Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Very nice.
              I also have a couple guitars fitted with Ping Floyd trems and they are really great.
              They're very stable, stays in tune, and comes back to pitch everytime.
              I couldn't ask for more.

Comment

Reverend Timmy ... can you post pics of your 3?

JimmyApollo ... yup, it's an '06.

Comment

Nice!
                  I used to have a USA Strat with a floyd and I regret the day I sold it.
                  very cool guitars.
                  If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Outside pics ...

Comment

That looks really nice. I've been GASing for a Floyd Rose Classic Strat for a while, but maybe I should look into one like yours.

Comment

that one is killer, and the clay colored dots really look cool on that. nice grab!!
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Another acquisition ... and more pics ... :-)

Comment

Looks sweet!! I have the same one to in arctic white, except I modify everything, I switched out to two humbuckers & 3-way switch - Dimarzio
                            X2N & the fender bridge in the neck, I luv that fat fender neck!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X