Bought a Carvin today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lerxstcat
    On the other hand, worst-case scenario is, use it for some of the lower-gain stuff, guitar changes are always cool.

You don't play all high gain stuff anyway, do ya Pete? I thought that was why you dug the modelling gear, because of the versatility it afforded you on stage. So when the band launches into a lower gain number, drag out the Carvin! It'll be cool!
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Trypp Powell
      How do you like the neck? Isn't that the one with the 20" radius? I have been interested in those for a while since I spend most of my practice time on a classical guitar and many folks have compared the holdsworth neck to that of a classical guitar.
      yeah, it's super flat. I like the neck, but it's kinda beefy too... reminds me a bit of the JCF Rhoads. Kinda ball-batish.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG

You don't play all high gain stuff anyway, do ya Pete? I thought that was why you dug the modelling gear, because of the versatility it afforded you on stage. So when the band launches into a lower gain number, drag out the Carvin! It'll be cool!
        It just bugs me having limitations put on me by gear. A few gigs ago, I used a Les Paul on Cliffs of Dover because I was digging the tone

Pete

Comment

Working...
        X