No announcement yet.

Dean possibly making a Cantrell sig...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dean possibly making a Cantrell sig...

It was in an interview with Ultimate Guitar. Bogner may be making him a sig amp, too. Cantrell is one of my fave players of all time. I like Dean and all, but I would've hoped for another manufacturer. I'd probably get one anyway! I had 4 of his G&L Sigs and sold them all. I could kill myself for that.
    Here's the interview:

Ultimate Guitar:
    You say you’re still the same guitar player but has your gear changed at all? What type of rig will you be taking out on the road?

Jerry:
    On every record that we ever did, it was a combination of quite a few … maybe not a whole of stuff but it was always a blend of Marshalls and Bogners that was the basic blueprint of my sound. It’s always been a hotrodded Marshall and a Bogner and a Bogner basically is a hotrodded Marshall. You know what I mean? That’s the tone. I’ve got 25-watt greenbacks (Celestions) in my cabs, always have. We’re in the process of working out a thing with Bogner that we can put out a Cantrell model. And I’m also doing to Dean Zelinsky from Dean guitars and we’re very close to creating a Cantrell (guitar) which is blueprinted kind of off a Les Paul. But I usually play my G&Ls (Rampages with Kahler tremolos, G&L ASAT and Classic), I have Gibson Les Pauls; those are the guitars I usually play but I’ve been working some Deans in and I’ve been pretty happy with that. And like I said we’re working very hard at putting out a line of guitars as well. So you may see that happening. Celestion is backin’ us so we got speakers with those guys. That’s pretty much it. I’ve always used Dunlop pedals (including a Crybaby and Rotovibe) and picks (Extra Heavy) and Dean Markley strings. These are cats that I’ve pretty much always worked with the exception of Dean, they’re the new guys on the block in my scene anyways. I’m really likin’ with Dean and he’s totally willin’ to do whatever it takes to make me happy so you can’t really ask for more than that. I’ve tried to do a deal with G&L and Gibson in the past for many years and just have never really reached a satisfying agreement. Those were guitars I always played anyway but nobody ever really came to the table so, ‘Alright, f--k it, let’s go with f--kin’ Dean, you know?’ That deal is not finalized but we’re really close.
    You know, I play what I like. I’m not a guy that’s ever really endorsed a whole lotta stuff. The gear that people were offering me to endorse, I just didn’t like and I can’t do that. I’m not gonna put my name on somethin’ and sell it to some kid if it’s something that I don’t dig. That’s never really been part of the thing for me. But this go ‘round is really cool and a lot of guys with gear that I’ve played for years are comin’ around and we’re workin’ to make the sound even that much better and come up with some stuff that the kids can get if they want it.

Wow. That's pretty cool. Dean has been doing a bang up job of getting endorsements lately.

Comment

I hope it's not just some boring thing. I'd like to see something a little unique.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I may have one of your old G&L sigs I am on the guitars by Leo registry I should have three or four rampages listed two were sigs and one was a prototype I still have two.

Comment

Jerry rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84
            Jerry rules.
            +1,000,000

Comment

Originally posted by AK47
              I may have one of your old G&L sigs I am on the guitars by Leo registry I should have three or four rampages listed two were sigs and one was a prototype I still have two.
              I registered at least one of mine. What # do you have? My lowest was # 5 of 70, highest was in the 30's or 40's. Want to sell it back or trade for a newer Charvel?

Comment

I reallt loved my Rampage (non-sig model), but there was something about the position it put my wrist ion - it really bugged me to play it. Should have kept it anyway...

Comment

I'm the man in the box.

Buried in MY shit...

Mike
                  Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Look up my username on the registry it was RampageFreak either one word or two let me check it right now.
                    #44 of 70 This one I believe was sent to Japan by me for a trade for a rare ESP custom shop guitar
                    I did not register 46 but I own it and have everything case and all.

I have one of these three prototypes one is owned by an employee

.71. G041429 Rampage MAY 19, 1997 MAY 15, 1997 White Rosewood Kahler Headstock is natural finish RampageFreak
                    72. G045017 Rampage White Rosewood Alder Kahler About 1997, one of them I had made for Jerry Cantrell. Ended up in my guitar room. Darth Invader
                    73. G050412 Rampage White Rosewood Alder Kahler Natural headstock, signed by Jerry Cantrell in a permanent marker, however I can\\\'t authenticate the signature as genuine. JDMurasame

Comment

If it wasn't for the hideous can opener headstocks.....
                      Good lord they are fugly.
                      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler
                        If it wasn't for the hideous can opener headstocks.....
                        Good lord they are fugly.
                        They aren't THAT bad...

Comment

Working...
                        X