Dean Select V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dean Select V

there's a guitar shop near me and everytime i go in there, they have this beautiful flying v..a really nice orangey cherry sunburst and with a killer matching headstock i;'ve always wanted it but have never had 400 straight up for it brand new. well its my 21st birthday tomorrow, and guess what i'm gettin'? I've already put a deposit down so they've kept it for me and have set it up properly and that and i can't wait to play it again. I really dug the jackson - like neck profile - compared to the very latest rr s it felt very similar - not too thin like a nez and not to fat like a gibbo - just rite, nice and fast, good flying v honk, perfect balance on strap - no nosediving here, pickups are quite powerful and held up reasonably well in highgain territory, of course it'll do better when i shove it through my overdrive pedal - it really tightens up any hint of flabbiness, very neat binding all round the body and neck - very classy, all in all a decent and very elegant guitar... i can't wait to finally have it in my hands!! will provide pics tomoz. Anyone else ever tried one - what did you think?

Nice "pre-ownership" review!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The Dean Selects are great guitars. Not available anymore, unfortunately, so it's cool you found one!

Lots of Dean fanatics prefer them to the 79 series, what with the block inlays and matching headstock. Great looking, playing, and sounding guitar!

By the way...Happy Birthday!

Comment

Working...
      X