No announcement yet.

Les Paul Customs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, GnR really made them rise and then when Gibson was sold...well, you know what happened to the prices after that!
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

You also have to remember, in the 80's and early 90's people will still playing super strats and it was the guitar to have, then as hair metal fizzed out you starting seeing bands playing either regular fender strats or Gibsons (grundge days) then towards the mid 90's when rap metal came in the guitar to have was a PRS.

Now we are in the 2000's and Pop punk, punk, emo, screamo, and Pop dominate the charts and the guitar to have is a gibson. Watch MTV and you will see most every band playing a LP or SG. It started as LP's, but alot of the emo/pop punk bands are made up of really scrawny teens to early 20's and having that much weight limits them on stage, so that is why you are seeing a huge surge in the sg market right now.

I do have to admit though, I am current with the music scene and you are starting to see a few groups reverting back to fender, mostly every now and then you will see a tele on stage. I have a feeling in the next few years you are going to see a huge shift in the music scene of people getting away from Gibson because it has become so popular and people want to be different.

I love my gibsons, but i have found myself latley playing my warmoth fender copy as well as my ibanez super strats that have the alder bodys. i can just play alot longer without feeling uncomfortible with lighter guitars and maybe i am starting to get burned out on the mahogany sound, i really starting to like how the alder bites in the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14
        You also have to remember, in the 80's and early 90's people will still playing super strats and it was the guitar to have, then as hair metal fizzed out you starting seeing bands playing either regular fender strats or Gibsons (grundge days) then towards the mid 90's when rap metal came in the guitar to have was a PRS.

Now we are in the 2000's and Pop punk, punk, emo, screamo, and Pop dominate the charts and the guitar to have is a gibson. Watch MTV and you will see most every band playing a LP or SG. It started as LP's, but alot of the emo/pop punk bands are made up of really scrawny teens to early 20's and having that much weight limits them on stage, so that is why you are seeing a huge surge in the sg market right now.

I do have to admit though, I am current with the music scene and you are starting to see a few groups reverting back to fender, mostly every now and then you will see a tele on stage. I have a feeling in the next few years you are going to see a huge shift in the music scene of people getting away from Gibson because it has become so popular and people want to be different.
        +1 on what you have said up to here. If we were smart, we'd dump the Gibsons now before the market crashes LOL! I remember at the 1989 NAMM show, I went into the Gibson USA booth and I was feeling sad for them because no one wanted an old fashioned LP or SG LOL! I wanted an ESP (this was before the LTD days) or a Jackson neck-thru superstrat. Fenders were "boring" too - but they tried with the HM Strat.
        Originally posted by siggy14
        I love my gibsons, but i have found myself latley playing my warmoth fender copy as well as my ibanez super strats that have the alder bodys. i can just play alot longer without feeling uncomfortible with lighter guitars and maybe i am starting to get burned out on the mahogany sound, i really starting to like how the alder bites in the mix.
        I've got 4 LP's and 2 SG's, but I never have really favored them over my other 14 guitars. I tend to "jump around" from guitar to guitar every time I play, not wanting to play the same axe twice.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP
          +1 on what you have said up to here. If we were smart, we'd dump the Gibsons now before the market crashes LOL! I remember at the 1989 NAMM show, I went into the Gibson USA booth and I was feeling sad for them because no one wanted an old fashioned LP or SG LOL! I wanted an ESP (this was before the LTD days) or a Jackson neck-thru superstrat. Fenders were "boring" too - but they tried with the HM Strat.

I've got 4 LP's and 2 SG's, but I never have really favored them over my other 14 guitars. I tend to "jump around" from guitar to guitar every time I play, not wanting to play the same axe twice.

I will wait for the day Gibson Les Paul Customs go down in price. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS DAY! Then I could buy 1 or 2 more LPCs.

Comment

The old Sg's from the mid 60's are killer axes IMO.. I wish I never sold mine. The only thing I can ever consider affording is a project or a reissue.

Comment

Working...
            X