Econo Niel Schon Signature Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Econo Niel Schon Signature Model

Well, my Fernandez Sustainer finally came in and I had to make some special routing templates to get this done. It's installed like the Gibson Schon model that sells for $8-10K. I saved a lot of money that I can use for my Jackson/Charvel fund Sounds pretty good in the Agile, although the sustainer in the Jackson PC1 is more powerful. Not bad. This is my first time routing into a finished guitar. I had to use a special extended router bit to get the 2-1/2" depth for the circuit card routing. It came out like a factory job!

Not enough access panels
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Is that a new heel type on the agiles? Is that only on the floyded ones?
    Great job BTW.
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Thanks for the comments. I was sweating it with the routing. As far as I know the heel is only available on the Floyded AL-2000. You might have to check with Kurt at Rondo on if the heel is still the same on the most recent ones. I had heard they discontinued it recently. I may have gotten one of the last ones. My order was 2 months ago and said AL-2500, but when I got it, it was AL-2000. I checked back on the pictures and they show the standard fixed heel.
      Last edited by Bengal65; 06-17-2006, 01:13 PM.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Cool. Nice job!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

hehe, nice job Bengal!

any chance of changing out that licensed for an OFR?

sweet axe, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Avenged
            hehe, nice job Bengal!

any chance of changing out that licensed for an OFR?

sweet axe, for sure.
            Thanks! Yes, I'm going to change out the Lic. piece of chit. You can hear the springs moving when you dive the arm and it actually does not come back to where I want it. At first I was just going to put some better springs on, but I believe I'll just replace the Lic. Floyd. I can do some more tweaking, but there is nothing like an OFR

I had changed out the stock bridge pickup, which was not bad at all, but I replaced it with a DiMarzio Super Distortion. It really grunts now from Live Kiss to Death Metal, (I don't play Death Metal, but I found myself playing it somehow?) yet still has the highs to cut through the mix.
            Last edited by Bengal65; 06-17-2006, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65
              (I don't play Death Metal, but I found myself playing it somehow?)
              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Superb work! I really like it!.
                Congratulations, now play some Journey tunes

Comment

Yea, I love those lead lines ole' Neil can but out. Real soulful. It must have been from his days with Santana!

Comment

so tell me, how are the Agile guitars, i have been thinking of picking one up. There is a guy selling them on ebay with the heal like that, the 2500's, he has them in black and white.

Comment

Excellent Job! Those look pretty nice, and the heel carve is nicely done

Comment

Well, I can speak for this Agile and having purchased one sight unseen and putting some $ in her I say they are worth it. Coming from a hardcore Gibson man, I'd say they are pretty fine. I know these 2000 models with a Floyd have a carved mahogany arched top. I couldn't find any maple as I was routing. I didn't expect this particular model to have any maple top, but the guitar is brite and articulate with plenty of mid range and bottom end with the stock pickups. I put a DiMarzio Super 3 in the bridge mostly to match the sustainer. The Super 3 gave me a little more headroom on the highs. I planning on an OFR pretty soon. The fret work and board are very good. No sharp edges and the leveling and crowning are on par with the best. The finish is pretty good, but no where near a Jackson USA as an example. It might be good as a newer Gibson LOL! But I haven't played a new Gibson in a long while.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65
                          Well, I can speak for this Agile and having purchased one sight unseen and putting some $ in her I say they are worth it. Coming from a hardcore Gibson man, I'd say they are pretty fine. I know these 2000 models with a Floyd have a carved mahogany arched top. I couldn't find any maple as I was routing. I didn't expect this particular model to have any maple top, but the guitar is brite and articulate with plenty of mid range and bottom end with the stock pickups. I put a DiMarzio Super 3 in the bridge mostly to match the sustainer. The Super 3 gave me a little more headroom on the highs. I planning on an OFR pretty soon. The fret work and board are very good. No sharp edges and the leveling and crowning are on par with the best. The finish is pretty good, but no where near a Jackson USA as an example. It might be good as a newer Gibson LOL! But I haven't played a new Gibson in a long while.
                          Thanks,, I really like the ideal of a maple neck which handles better with the floyd. I would also assume that is where you are getting the brightness from sine it does not have a maple top.

I am looking for a mahogany body type guitar with a floyd, and the gibson are rare and super high price.

I will probaly pick one of these up and set it up fine, put a ofr on it as well and change out the Pickups, for the extra $200 it would put in it, that is still alot cheaper then a gibson.

Comment

by the way, what is the neck profile like on it, thick or thin?

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14
                              by the way, what is the neck profile like on it, thick or thin?
                              I forgot to mention that after I posted. It is definitely a 50's style chunky neck. The neck feels like the profiles on my PC1's. Next time I get the strings off, I'm going to measure it.

Comment

Working...
                              X