Epiphone Les Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epiphone Les Paul

I was wanting to get a new Epiphone Les Paul Standard and was wondering if anyone has played one of these and what you thought. I curently play a Squier Stratocaster, how much of an upgrade would the LP be from the Strat. Thanx.

Opinion I've heard around here is to go for an Agile from rondomusic.net over an Epiphone.

I played a couple of white Epi LP Customs and did NOT like them. Better looking thana Squier, but didn't play any better

Comment

I love my Epi standard. Completely different sound tho if your used to strats.

Maybe you should go try one out to be sure. That's what I did. I was an S body guitar player since the '80's. But my LP is currently my favorite guitar.

The tone is very fat and the sustain is increadible!

They are imports. Look it over good refore you buy. There can be cosmetic flaws

Comment

ill do that and go try some out, if I was to decide to buy one I was going to do a few upgrades to it anyway such as, Sperzel Tuners, BurstBucker Pro Pickups, and some new knobs.

Comment

Yea, Mine needs pots replaced. I always play at ten and use a volume pedal so it's not a big deal.

I also bought some Kluson vintage style tuners for it. I personally think a les paul's gotta have trapezoid inlays and klusons IMO.

Try one out before deciding on new pickups tho, the ones on mine are extremely hot. I'm keeping them.

The biggest factor on tone that I found on Epi Les Pauls was whether it had a maple top or not. The Studios sounded OK but the standards blew them away

Comment

The Agile's are made in Korea also but come with Grover tuners, plus they cost 150!
            Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

I have a while epiphone les paul custom, with gold hardware (same as http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--EPILPC),

Just gotta say that I absolutely love the guitar. The action is superb, the feel is great, sounds awesome and sustains forever. Some people complain about the weight of LP's, but I love the solid feel of the body. After trying a few of the "real" gibson lp's at a couple of guitar stores, I am convinced that my epiphone plays and sounds better.

However, after getting a 24-fret jackson V, I am noticing how much harder it is to tear up the higher frets on the 22 fret les paul.

I would highly recommend an epiphone LP to anyone, especially the customs.

Comment

Originally posted by xixor
                I have a while epiphone les paul custom, with gold hardware (same as http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--EPILPC),

I would highly recommend an epiphone LP to anyone, especially the customs.
                Some of them are pretty good, but there are also some pretty bad ones out there. I certainly wouldn't buy one without trying it out first. Plus, I'd still buy an Agile first. Much better value for the money.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Wow! Those Agile LPs at Rondomusic look awesome! Those flamed maple tops look great. I really like the look of the one that looks like a Joe Perry Boneyard. The Flame tops are $199 but Man they look sweet.

So, are they archtops? How do they sound?

Comment

one word. Tokai.

Comment

im in a bit of a bind tho, im not sure if I want to get the Epiphone Les Paul Standard or an xbox 360. I love guitar to death but the xbox 360 is soooooooooooo sweet this has become a very difficult decision for me so I would appreciate any advice.thanx

Comment

Become friends with someone who has an xbox and play it there. I only like multiplayer games anyway though

Comment

I have played a ton of Epi LP Standards and got to A-B a few against real Gibson LP's. I would have to say that pound for pound the Epi's are a better deal. Most of the Gibson LP's I played had several flaws and some if not most were lighter than the EPi's. Tone wise........get a see-thru finish. You do get a maple top. On the solid finishes it's an alder top and they are super light.

Comment

I was looking at my Musicians Friend and think I am just going to go with the Les Paul.thanx for your info.

Comment

I had an Epiphone Les Paul, cherryburst, with a flamed maple top about a year or two ago. Actually played better than the two other REAL Les Pauls in my band. Only thing I didn't like was that I noticed this slight overtone in it. Sounded like the body might've been chambered. It wore on my nerves a tad, so I traded it off. Other than that, it played wonderfully. Always play the instrument in question, and never be blinded by brand names.
                              I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
                              X