One more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more

I've had this for a while but I don't believe I ever got around to posting it. It's a Roxie w/maple neck & alder body nearly identical to the one I sent Crankdaddy's way a while back, well, other than the fact that ocean spray sparkle might be even more obnoxious than chartreuse sparkle. On a serious note, the alder/maple Roxies are the best sounding GMPs I've had yet. They have a more aggressive bite that to my ears sounds just about right. On the downside I have no concept of how to photograph sparkle finishes. They're so much more vivid and, well, *shiny* in person.

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Damn, those metalflake finishes are LOUD. Damn cool, too.

Comment

Can't believe I missed this thread!

This Roxie looks amazing. Yeah, it's borderline over the top. But for me,

Metal flake/sparkles = GMP

Glad to see this one's finally together and ready to rock, bro. You're right about the alder. It just sings. The tone is absolutely killer.

I want it!

Comment

Nice one! I've always liked blue metalflake.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

damn, where'd you find THIS?!

beautiful!

Comment

Same place I found most of the rest of 'em. This one's been lurking about for a while, I'd just never gotten around to shooting any pics.
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Brad that is a kick as looking GMP. I love the color and chrome hardware..nice
              www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
              My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

'i have a catapult. if you do not all give me money, i will send a huge stone to your head'. Correct?
                funny signature YetAnotherOne, made me think of latin class

Comment

Correct. Latin is so pretentious that I couldn't resist poking a little fun.

I'm getting closer to capturing the true color of this one in a pic though it's way more shiny than it appears here:

Comment

Badass, Brad. Badass. What are the pickups in there? And remind me again of the electronics set up. Is it a standard 2 volume/2 tone with one knob in the odd position? Or is it something different/special?

Comment

It's a standard 2v/2t setup Travis. I chose a Pearly Gates set for this one which has worked out very well. The neck pup is just a little brighter than the '59s that GMP used and the bridge pup is a bit beefier and far more even toned than the usual Custom Custom. To my ears the neck pup sounds better on this one than on any of my other GMPs though I'm still adjusting to a bridge pickup that's not as shrill as the CC.

Comment

Hmm, I never would have thought of the CC as shrill. But it's nice to hear that you're liking the Pearly Gates set. I tried a PG set in my Hamer Special FM and I thought they were a little bright. But the thick maple top might have had something to do with that. Either way, kickass GMP for sure.

Comment

I suppose "shrill" might be overstating it a bit, "thin" is probably somewhat closer to the mark though I do normally like a CC in the bridge. I always thought the '59s were just a little muddy/bassy/muffled sounding at the neck so the bit of extra treble from the PG is just about right for me.

Comment

What ever happened to GMP guitars? They didnt call it quits did they?

Comment

Yep, too bad, too. I hear they were amazing guitars. I'd like to get one some day. That is of course if Brad will allow it.

Comment

Working...
                              X