Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The resurrection of a Frankenstrat...a photo montage....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thebisch
    Pretty much any non RI Strat body since mid to late '76 has a neck pocket rout like this, except, IIRC, the MIJ stuff (which isn't made by Fender).

I wouldn't be all that surprised if that body was from a '79 25th Anniversary Strat, a '80-'82 The Strat, or a '82 Smith Strat
    Well, all I know is that it is very, very light...and I thought it was basswood.

I just hope it sounds good! The neck is a Fender for sure.

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

that is awesome...thanks for sharing !

Comment

Very nice looking repair work. Looks great.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Great pics!

Comment

This baby came in last Thursday and it SMOKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Killer setup, easy to play...great tone. I actually love that little 1 5/8 neck...very easy to play. Fretboard is getting nice and dirty..and she has the obligatory cig burns now.

Mike
            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin
              Yeah, the quarter may be in the future!!!

So, Mexi-Strats are routed like this? I don't know WHAT the body is...but it is VERY light, I assumed Basswood. Do they make Basswood Mexi-Strats?? Maybe it is Swamp Ash, but it is very soft.

Mike
              When I got my Mexi-Strat in 1998, they made the bodies out of poplar, so said the MF ad and the sticker on the pickguard. You could see a greenish tint in the sunburst which poplar is known to have so I think it's true. Either way, it was light and resonant.

Oh yeah, AWESOME restoration job, and congrats on the smokin' guitar!
              Last edited by lerxstcat; 07-05-2006, 01:33 AM.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

That's pretty cool to see the process w/ the pics.

Comment

Working...
                X