Epiphone vs Agile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epiphone vs Agile

I want some kind of Les Paul for my next guitar and have heard alot of good things about the Agile as well as the Epiphone. I would like anyones opinion that has played both or just one, also I dont want you to pick one bacause it is the best BANG FOR THE BUCK, I am willing to pay the extra$$$ for the better guitar.thanx.

If thats the case then pay the extra$$$ for a used Gibson or something.

Comment

The upper end of the Agiles will probably be brighter like an LPC because of the ebony boards. What sound do you want?

Comment

as in cash I cant really go the full Gibson yet but I want it to sound as much like a Gibson Les Paul as possible.

Comment

Whats your budget?

Comment

I've owned a couple of Epi's in the past, and recently picked up an Agile and I'm pretty happy with it.

Comment

Dean EVO maybe? I had one a few years ago, and the tone and workmanship were both amazing. The fact that it was $500 brand new was amazing too.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84
                If thats the case then pay the extra$$$ for a used Gibson or something.
                +1000 LOL!

Comment

Here's a correction:

If thats the case then pay the extra $2000 for a used Gibson or something
                  Just a guitar player...

Comment

Simple. Get an Epiphone Elitist Les Paul. A bit pricey new, but used you should be able to get a pretty good deal.

Comment

actualy im geting the guitar soon so I wont be able to afford a Gibson just yet but will most likely have a Gibson Les Paul next year.

Comment

The Agiles cannot be touched for value. I play mine everyday. It is a $200 version with upgrzded P/Us and pots. A really FAT sounding guitar with excellent tone and sustain.

Mike
                        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin
                          The Agiles cannot be touched for value. I play mine everyday. It is a $200 version with upgrzded P/Us and pots. A really FAT sounding guitar with excellent tone and sustain.

Mike
                          +1 They do sound very good and comparable to my Gibson LPC's. The only gripe I have (and is expected), is the finish is not as quality as a Gibson. I just put together a Schon Signature semi clone for less than $500. I saved $9,500 plus shipping over buying the Gibson version. I can now order 3 Jackson/Charvel custom shop guitars for what I saved in $
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by texasfury
                            Here's a correction:

If thats the case then pay the extra $2000 for a used Gibson or something
                            That's funny, I could swear that the used $900 Les Paul Studios I've seen aren't $2000 more than a $250-$600 Epiphone or Agile. Check out www.chrisguitars.com, he has had some good deals on used LP Studios the past few weeks.

Comment

MF has the studios for $899.00.A bud of mine got one of the new studios (a satin type finish) at GC and paid cash out the door$695.00.Thats not a bad deal on a new L.P.studio.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X