Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What guitar has full scalloped neck (besides the Fender YJM Sig one)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dinkyjacksonman
    There was a guy name Arash on JCF who called his custom shop Jackson as his signature model and that guitar had full scalloped fingerboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Nepenthe
      I really hated the vanilla color of the original YJM, so I ordered mine in Candy Apple Red. But last night I re-watched G3 with Joe, Steve and Yngwie, and now I just changed my order to the "original" color

Good choice. No you need a duck and Ferarri stickers. I've had mine for several years now. I put a Callaham rolled steel trem block on and changed the pickguard and pickup covers to parchment (aged white, also matches the knobs) I don't know why Fender used the Mint p'guard. The Fender pickguards in the 70's did not change color to mint. It looks very good now. More accurate for a 70's Strat.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Hey Nepenthe, did you get your YJM? How do you like it?

BTW - has anyone heard any update on the 'duck' relic Fender was talking about last Winter?
        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I'm gassing for a YJM right now, on ebay they are fetching 800-1100 used. There are 2 right now for 1k BIN!
          Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Anyone have a pic of the fender blackmore?
            Thanks!

Comment

I had this one done by my local luthier.
              Strat God Music
              http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

That one looks really weird how the scallops don't span the entire distance between the frets. How does it feel?

Comment

THAT is some serious scalloping.
                  Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Nepenthe
                    I'm on the verge of breaking-down and ordering the Fender YJM now, but it really looks too... plain!
                    Oh God how I wish the Jem 7VWH had a fully scalloped neck, then I'll take it in a heartbeat...

Hey they aint plain, mine is heavily modified granted (one way or another) but it's fantastic.......... they just need a bit of tweaking to suit once bought!!!!

see ut here!!! (along with my others.......)

Comment

It doesn't have to be scalloped all the way to the edge of the fret to work.That is a very nice scalloping job strat god.
                      I have done the Blackmore and YJM scallops several times and the shape of the scallops is very different.I persoally like a scallop job like strat gods guitar the best.JMO
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                      X