fender lite ash opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fender lite ash opinions

i swapped my charvel 375 deluxe for a as new fender lite ash thats really stunning specially the neck bird eye maple with the duncan pups it really rocks
    was it a good swap, the charvel needed a setup as you could drive a truck under the strings sadly.

If it works for you, cool. I tried one of those Fenders once, I really liked it! Pics?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

LOL, this is funny. I just played one today on my lunch break. I went to a local store that has a good selection of Strats and played a bunch of different ones (MIM, MIA, EJ sig., etc.). I'm usually not too crazy about natural finishes so I didn't try the lite ash until the salesman pointed out the neck, because we were talking about how a lot of Strat necks are too laquered. Well I gotta say, I LOVED the neck on it. It had a pronounced V to it, very little finish, MJ frets, and abalone dots for a nice touch. It actually reminded me of my USA Wolfgang Special neck but on a S/S/S Strat body, which is perfect. I didn't get a chance to play it through an amp as my lunch hour was already over, so I'm hoping the SDs sound good. And the more I look at the natural finish, the more I like it. Plus, they're selling it for $499 (usually $629)! I've been GASing for a Strat lately and this might be the one. Time to talk to the wife.
      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Resurrection time! I´m thinking about ordering one of these, since they run pretty cheap new and look good specs-wise... any more comments?

Comment

I'm been sorely tempted by the lite ash teles lately...

Comment

I just put an order in for one on MFer. $15 bucks a month no interest for a nyear, I figure that's one less starbuck coffee a day 3 days a month. Then I'll worry about the rest 365 days from now. Heh.
            Last edited by danastas; 10-25-2006, 03:25 PM.

Comment

My Fender Lite Ash arrived. A real piece of crud. I'm amazed they allow incompetents to have at it on a beautiful piece of birdseye maple. The neck was bowed severely. Normally, I'd say it has to do with the weather, but then I considered that wood stiffens in the cold, against the bow.

The real problem was the fretwork. Metal actually jutting out A LOT from the board. Uneven frets. Really poor craftsmanship. If this is Korea work, I'm not going to try one again. The Fender MIMs are much higher quality.

Can't judge by one guitar though but I'm sending this back for a refund and not trying another unless I can get my hands on it.

Comment

These were on sale here in L.A. a few weeks back,so I played a couple ,neither really suited my fancy,the fretwork was rather sucktacular,for "lite ash" it felt much heavier than my 40th anniversary which is supposed to have been made from the same wood.

I ended up buying a USA Highway 1 instead for only a couple hundred more,light years ahead in quality and cheaper than the normal ones since it has a satin finish. It plays like a strat should play and setup with no problem.Hard to beat for around $600 at a smaller local shop,I'm sick of the big chains trying to force crap down people's throats,so STICK IT UP YOUR ASS SAM ASH!

Comment

Seems like quality control may be a little off on these... I guess I´ll have to find some locally and see if at least one of them got built properly. Otherwise I´ll plunk down some more and get me something else.

Comment

Sorry to hear about yours, Danastas. Unfortunately, that's the risk with buying a guitar online. At least you can return it for your money back, unlike an ebay purchase. Definitely try one in person if you can, the one I played was really nice, great neck/fret job.
                    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

In my mind these are the modern equvilant to an older Squire Pro Tone. Some nice features though...SD pickups, birds eye, ash, brass trem block. Way to much money for a Korean Strat though...

Comment

Exactly, great features, solid materials, I was even happy with the weight and balance of the ash because any less and the maple neck would have started dipping on me. Truthfully, it even sounded great when I plugged it in, even though the intonation was completely off with a bowed neck. Cutting up my hands on metal, though, isn't my thing.

I don't think $500 is too much to pay for a high quality import built of birdseye maple and lite ash, especially with a decent Duncan in the bridge. The Fender MIMs though can be had for $330, and though the stock pickups suck, they are very well built. I swapped out the pickups on a MIM Strat with Custom Shop 54s and I stand by that guitar.

Comment

I know love the swamp ash Albert Collins tele! But are so hard to find! The nonbinded model anyway!
                          I love admins!

Comment

Working...
                          X