Truly a holy grail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truly a holy grail

Once in a great while a true vintage guitar pops up. In the world of Telecaster's, there's one holy grail, the blackguard 1953 Telecaster. A few months ago I got a call. Some woman's uncle left her a guitar of his. She had no idea of it's value {appx. $50,000.00+} except the first music store she brought it to in Florida offered her $12,000.00 for it. She brought it back home and someone local directed her to call me. It was absolutely 100% bone stock, never a screw turned, un-touched. There is a SS # engraved on the bridgeplate, that's it. If you've never had the pleasure of playing a guitar like this, for anyone truly into guitars, it feels like an honor, rather than anything else. There are VERY FEW unmolested/uncirculated pieces left, and this one is amazing! Here she is lying on the trunk of my Crown Vic...

nice!gonna get a telecaster one day-but thats out my price range.love the look of the neck

Comment

Holy sweet jebus and marty. You clubbed the lady and stole her guitar?

Seriously, that's something pretty special you have there - lucky to have seen/held/played it in person.

If you were so inclined, you could cause an aneurism or twelve over on thegearpage.net with that one. Just a thought.

Comment

Did you buy it?
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

A good frriend of mine has #2826. It is beautiful, just like that, but an absolutely terrible guitar to play. Hopefully this one plays as sweet as it looks!
          Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

damn that is awesome.....she must of been shocked to learn the value!!
            www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
            My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Great story. What is she going to do with it?
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Did you tell her it was a Mexican reissue and grab it for $200.00 ? Nah, I wouldn'tve done that either .....

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                  Did you buy it?
                  Well....did you??

Comment

Holy crap. That's cool. What's the rest of the story? Who bought it? How much?

Comment

She has it, I got dibs

Comment

That is too cool.

Comment

That is way cool!!!!!!

Comment

That is way too cool !!!

Comment

...way way too too cool?
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X