Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell did I just buy?!?

Hey guys, it's been awhile!

While I was strollin' the local vintage shop, This guitar caught my eye...

I know it's an all original 1980 Gibson E335-S Deluxe, but thats about it. I can't hardly find anything on it. It plays great and I knew that once I picked it up and strummed it a few times, that I had to have it. It's aged gorgously, but is still in really nice shape. Anyone know anything about these things?

Im a noobie but does that look like a les paul double cut to anyone else??
    No f holes, i duno, just a guess

Comment

In case you haven't checked...... http://reviews.harmony-central.com/r...+Standard/10/1

Comment

Dude, where the hell ya been?!? Welcome back. Sweet guitar!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well, I had thought that all the 335Ss were made of maple, but that's mahogany for sure. I don't remember seeing neck binding on those before, either. Nice score!

Comment

Well, from what I've read, they made a Standard, Deluxe, and Custom model of these. Mine is a Deluxe for sure because it's engraved in the truss rod, and matches the descriptions I've found so far. The Deluxes' have a bound ebony fretboard, brass nut, are all mahogany, polarity switch w/ Gibson Dirty Fingers pups, generally made in sunburst, and apart of the Firebrand series. After a better setup, it plays very very well, and it turns out that the action is very shred-able too. Here are some more pictures...

Here's a picture of the only other one I've found on the net (which is identical to mine)...

Hey Toey! How's life? I see you're a big dog here now, haha! I've been keeping busy working mainly. I stopped playing for a little while, but now I'm back to it, just with some different gear. Thank you everyone for you responses!

Comment

I had a Silverburst version, very cool guitar, congrats!

Comment

We had a used one of those that was beat to hell at work. I wanted to buy it and the guitar player from Roger Miret and the Disasters wanted to buy it (he lives in NC apparently), but someone got it before either of us could. Really unique guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84
                  We had a used one of those that was beat to hell at work. I wanted to buy it and the guitar player from Roger Miret and the Disasters wanted to buy it (he lives in NC apparently), but someone got it before either of us could. Really unique guitar.
                  Roger Miret!? Jesus, I thought he was still with Agnostic Front.
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                  X