ESP Horizon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP Horizon

How are these baby's? Are they the same as an sl2ht as far as playability. They are roughly priced the same.I'm looking for a string thru soloist and this and the sl2ht are my choices. Thanks

Originally posted by P I K A
    How are these baby's? Are they the same as an sl2ht as far as playability. They are roughly priced the same.I'm looking for a string thru soloist and this and the sl2ht are my choices. Thanks
    If you are talking about the older ones with jackson style headstock they are awesome. I love the contour on the body and great fast neck. I do not know much about the newer ones.

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14
      If you are talking about the older ones with jackson style headstock they are awesome. I love the contour on the body and great fast neck. I do not know much about the newer ones.
      +1

I have an older Mirage Custom with the Jackson style headstock, and it KILLS in every aspect! Amazing guitar, great value!!!

Never played a newer one either, but they sure look nice enough! I'd guess that what it comes down to is which one you can get for a better price... The Jackson has the advantage of having a much better looking headstock IMO, and simply the fact that it's a Jackson should be enough for buying it!
      https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

agreed, I have an older Horizon Custom with the Jackson headstock, as well, and it plays fantastic. One thing to note, mine has a chunky neck which is a bit chunkier than any of my soloists.
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68
          agreed, I have an older Horizon Custom with the Jackson headstock, as well, and it plays fantastic. One thing to note, mine has a chunky neck which is a bit chunkier than any of my soloists.
          Now that would be a perfect guitar for me, I like the chunkier necks Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer
            Now that would be a perfect guitar for me, I like the chunkier necks Jack.
            I'm right there with ya, my friend -
            Dave ->

Comment

I wouldnt consider the neck on mine chunky, but by no means is it thin, just right. I know mine has the ash body which is a nice mix between alder and mahogany.

Now you want chunky, I have a ESP Tele with the jackson lawsuit headstock, that has a nice gibson chunky neck. This guitar has super low action, and coil tap on the tone control. Heavy little sucker too, not sure if it is mahogany or maple, people say they are maple, but the guitar is not really that bright.

But if all goes through come next week i will no longer own this guitar as some guy from can-a-duh ( no offense to you candians inside joke between ex girlfriend from canada) is suppose to be sending me a money order on Monday.

Comment

I'd have to agree about the necks. My 1989 M-1 doesn't have a thin shreader Jackson neck profile, but it isn't as fat as a Gibson neck either. And it's more of a "U" shape than a C shape.

Hard to make out, but it says "George was here...George Lynch". I had him sign it when I bought it at the ESP booth at NAMM in 1989.

Comment

when the hell are you going to finish that, Don? I hate seeing such a beautiful thing unfinished!!
                  Dave ->

Comment

Someday LOL!

I think I might have hippytim "draw" some finishes over the body (in Photoshop) and have people vote on it.

I like fire crackle, or maybe the DeGarmo crossed daggers, or the Queensryche logo, or....
                    Last edited by DonP; 07-15-2006, 03:37 PM.

Comment

No holes for controls??? That looks killer though
                      Check my bands!
                      www.myspace.com/magicktr
                      www.myspace.com/sinif64
                      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine
                        No holes for controls??? That looks killer though
                        Never been finished my friend. It was a special order rejected because they put the cross inlays in wrong (wrong direction). They had it as a display at the 1989 NAMM show, and I begged them to let me buy it. It plays fantastic, especially with the L500XL coming out with no controls.

Comment

That is killer! I wanted to buy that the minute you posted it {quite a while back}. If I'm not mistaken you were thinking of selling it at some point. VERY cool

Comment

Ok thanks guys I'll check one out on the bay unless someone here has 1.

Comment

All I'd say is make sure you get the headstock that works for you. I can't stand smurf hats.

Comment

Working...
                              X