• Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow, that is some other kind of ugly
    Hail yesterday

Comment

here's some pics of mine. my pics suck too

http://www.hackolutions.com/gear/cur...oydrosev24.htm
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi
        +1. aka "slow-setup-er", or "can't-tune-for-shit-er", or even "need-crap-expensive-strings-that-noone-stocks...-er".
        slow setup - ummm...I don't think so - both of mine take about the same as a regular floyd. besides, even if it was - who cares? it's not like you fiddle with that shit very often.

can't tune - now that's funny. it stays in tune better than any bridge i've ever used.

need crap expensive strings that noone stocks - well they are not crap. they are in fact excellent. they are expensive - that is true. as for stocking them, well maybe not where you live but every GC i've been to carries the strings.

- Newc

Comment

crazy pickup rings!

Comment

Never played one, but the only Floyd Rose guitar I actually like the looks of is that V.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

tim, is that a good price?
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

What happens when you dive bomb the trem real good? Do the "ferrules" or what ever they are at the nut start to flop around or are they secured in there somehow?

The guitar isnt my cup of tea... I like the headstock, but where the body meets the neck just looks horrible. and the pickguard isnt that great either, looks unfinished. I love the Korina though! I bet it plays great too.
                Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR
                  What happens when you dive bomb the trem real good? Do the "ferrules" or what ever they are at the nut start to flop around or are they secured in there somehow?

The guitar isnt my cup of tea... I like the headstock, but where the body meets the neck just looks horrible. and the pickguard isnt that great either, looks unfinished. I love the Korina though! I bet it plays great too.
                  You can wail on the trem all you want, and it will be fine and stay in tune.

Comment

My favorite floyd design personally. There is a mint one in a pawnshopin town as well, but they are asking $1500. didnt get to play it as it was behind a glass case, but it looked really nice though. like the ebony and inlays a lot.

chris

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim
                      here's some pics of mine. my pics suck too

http://www.hackolutions.com/gear/cur...oydrosev24.htm
                      SWEEEEETTTT!!! I don't care for the "empty" headstock look, but that is beautiful.

Comment

So many ugly things get better looking the drunker I get.....but not this.
                        Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Originally posted by SeventhSon
                          tim, is that a good price?
                          the one on ebay is a decent price i think - you can get a painted body one for about 1500 brand new - the korina was another couple hundred on top of that.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim
                            slow setup - ummm...I don't think so - both of mine take about the same as a regular floyd. besides, even if it was - who cares? it's not like you fiddle with that shit very often.

can't tune - now that's funny. it stays in tune better than any bridge i've ever used.

need crap expensive strings that noone stocks - well they are not crap. they are in fact excellent. they are expensive - that is true. as for stocking them, well maybe not where you live but every GC i've been to carries the strings.
                            If the system is preset - you pop the strings in and you're in tune - can you use alternate tunings, and if so, how do you set the guitar up to accomodate that? Seems like tuning to Drop C might be a problem? Or no?
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb
                              SWEEEEETTTT!!! I don't care for the "empty" headstock look, but that is beautiful.
                              That's my favorite part!
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat
                                If the system is preset - you pop the strings in and you're in tune - can you use alternate tunings, and if so, how do you set the guitar up to accomodate that? Seems like tuning to Drop C might be a problem? Or no?
                                Switching tunings altogether with the Speedloader does suck. As does switching string guages. Anything that completely changes the tension requires you to readjust the bridge. It's not *that* hard - 10-15 minutes or so but definitely not something you'd do in between songs.

It's the tradeoff you make for a guitar that stays in tune remarkably well and allows you to change a whole set of strings in a couple minutes. The thing a lot of folks don't realize is that if you break a string it will take you longer to find your spare strings than it will to put it on and keep playing. You are in tune right away when you put the string on because the strings are calibrated.

Another thing about the Speedloader I've found is that it is a great sounding bridge. My 7VWH JEM sounds remarkably better with the Speedloader than it did with the Ibanez Lo-Pro or whatever that thing was.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                                X