No announcement yet.

Anybody see these yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh, the tuning setup itself is just an allen wrench you adjust on the front of the saddle - you do it at full tension with the guitar strung up. I just plugged into my peterson strobo-stomp and was done in about 15 minutes when I switched my V to 9-46 - the factory setup was for 10-46 and was flat to begin with .
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim
      here's some pics of mine. my pics suck too

http://www.hackolutions.com/gear/cur...oydrosev24.htm
      In that first pic , what thr green guitar hiding behind the floyd rose v??

Comment

Originally posted by Venomous
        In that first pic , what thr green guitar hiding behind the floyd rose v??
        that is an SD Student Rhoads that I recently got back from being refinished.

- Newc

Comment

Thumbs up here. I think it looks cool.

Comment

That's one big fancy bottle opener.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Kabong
              That's one big fancy bottle opener.
              ok, that was pretty fucking funny. :ROTF:

- Newc

Comment

Are the speedloader strings pre-stretched? And after you set the intonation on a particular guitar, do they have different lengths of strings to accomodate this variance between guitars? These probably sound like stupid questions, but I've always wondered.
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I think they are cool and very innovative. That is a body design that this type of HS works well with.

Mike
                  Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
                    Are the speedloader strings pre-stretched? And after you set the intonation on a particular guitar, do they have different lengths of strings to accomodate this variance between guitars? These probably sound like stupid questions, but I've always wondered.
                    string stretching is a misnomer. typically you really aren't stretching the strings per se, what you are really doing is getting the string pulled tight around the string post, getting the springs settled in to adjust for the variances in string tension, accounting for seating of the ball end, etc. floyd himself had a lengthy discussion of this topic somewhere - it was an enlightening thing to hear.

the floyd strings are manufactured to stricter tolerances for tension and they are the exact length they need to be for the string position they occupy. so you can't use an .011 that was meant as a 2nd string for the 1st string position. there are different sets for 25.5 vs. 24.75 scale.

the strings themselves are very high quality and sound great. they are more expensive though. i bought a whole box at a time of both of the sets i use so i paid about $8 a set vs. $4 for my regular strings. i rarely break strings so it's not a real big deal to me.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim
                      slow setup - ummm...I don't think so - both of mine take about the same as a regular floyd. besides, even if it was - who cares? it's not like you fiddle with that shit very often.

can't tune - now that's funny. it stays in tune better than any bridge i've ever used.

need crap expensive strings that noone stocks - well they are not crap. they are in fact excellent. they are expensive - that is true. as for stocking them, well maybe not where you live but every GC i've been to carries the strings.
                      well i'm sorry, but after 4 replacement bc rich ironbirds, countless hours of setting up, constant grating noises everytime i used the tremolo bar, constantly ran out of tuning range insofar as once i tuned A and then tried to tune the others, the tuning pegs reached maximum stopping me from tuning the guitar to the standard open E at 440hz .. i will not go the speedloader route again. not crap strings? i broke a string within the first week. i had two people in a guitar shop each have a go at this shitty bc rich on different days. perhaps you had more luck with yours, but i made the mistake of buying an nj series bc rich was i hasten to add, despite it's supposed nature, was going out of tune very quickly, more so than the jt580's that i have on my jacksons. i live in the uk, and the speedloader nj's weren't very popular. it was strictly "special order" for me. even now, the shop still can't get rid of it.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

That body makes me want to vomit.

Comment

Working...
                        X