The Dean Dimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dean Dimes

Why are the new Dean Dimes (Dimoflage, CFH and Razorback) made in China with other models like the hardtail being made in Korea. I looked at one today with a quick once over it looked okay. I could be off, but I would have reservations about shelling out close to a grand for a Chinese made guitar.

The money they're charging is fucking bullshit. My schecter hellraiser is awesome quality for the money, but I'm not kidding myself that its a 'great' instrument. And thats the best I've seen korea do, so the whole china thing throws me off terribly. Twice the money just cause my hero got shot in the head? Fuck off Dean.

I'll be picking up an early US ML, hacking the fuck out of it, getting it sprayed, and loving it, just like the man

Comment

They're MIC?? I thought they were definitely MIK?? My '79 Series ML was MIK, and what a sweet guitar it as (till I sold it!)

Comment

You're right, that is bullshit for a Chinese made guitar. Someone is making a huge profit off those, and it's not the Chinese. I wouldn't pay that kind of money for even a high end Korean guitar. The Moser imports are made in Korea, and over $1,000. No way in hell, when I can buy a used USA made Jackson for the same money.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

i played one, didnt like it at all, i didnt like the new USA deans either. IMHO they dont compare to the older ones.

Comment

That is horrible, charging that much for a Chinese guitar. Unfortunately, that is the trend to have guitars that were made in Korea, now being made in China. 2 biggest examples are EPI and Hamer, EPI built their own plant in China and Hamer switched from Korea to China a few years ago. i like how they switch and still chatrge the same knowing the labor in China is cheaper than in Korea. Remember when we use to get alot of things made in Japan, then Korea, then........... This is all due to labor costs. Jack.

Comment

i bought my Dime o Flame (korean) for £499, knocked down from £599 due to a couple of small shop marks... absoloute bargain!

Fantastic guitar, much better than any Ibanez or Jackson i tried in the same price range..

Same shop has the Razorbacks in now... £699 - £750.. not worth it imo.

Comment

The only reason why they are making them in China, *the razorback anyway* was because Dean and Elliott said the Korean factory couldn't get the razorback shape right, but since the chinese can copy ANYTHING they took them the USA razorback and said copy it! and they did!

Not a good thing In my opinion, considering the Razrobacks sell for 1550$ in canada YIKES!!!!!!!

Anyhow, the USA razors are awesome, but at 4K who the fuck could afford one, not any Dime fans I know!

Chris

Comment

Working...
                X