Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sanctuary
    Love that DVD!
    +1! My friend is actually opening up for em when they play NY again. Can't wait for that.

And on another note, your killing me slowly with those pics, I already e-mailed GuitarAsylum for a quote on an Ignitor. When I started playing 6-7 years ago, my brother and I were drooling over the Ignitor shape, but never followed through because we were new to the instrument and didn't want to spend that much money, but you've sparked the fire again My wallet is crying after picking up my Randall, but I'll see how it goes. I'm just concerned about quality issues, I've heard mixed reports, and a bit more bad than good on their custom stuff, but I'm glad to hear yours is right up there with the USA Jacksons.

Comment

I love that guitar!!! Never payed much attention to the Ignitor shape before... I know (what's his name, I forgot... Steve Smyth maybe? Used to play with Testament, and plays with Nevermore now...) used one! But now that I've been looking at your pics over and over, I realize that I absolutely LOVE it!!!!
      https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
        Interesting headstock shape.
        It's the ASM headstock, often seen on pre-2002 import Assassins (also known as ASM's) and some USA models. The Ignitor never made it to the import series, sadly.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi
          The Ignitor never made it to the import series, sadly.
          Not entirely true. They just don't show up in the USA very often (as they were sold overseas). But there was an import Ignitor with a bolt-on neck.
          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

/\ He's right you know
            http://www.bcrichplayers.com/

Comment

My other guitars are very jealous and after playing with the EMGs the JB in my SL-1 just sounds ... well ....rather weak now.

This is also my 1st experience with an 81 in the neck position and it doesnt sound bad at all. It's alot warmer then I woulda figured. I have one other guitar that has an 81 in the bridge position and it didnt overly impress me. Now I'm rethinking my view on EMG's and am curious to try out an 85 sometime.

Comment

Is this what Steve Smyth form Nevermore uses? (7 string version)
                I didn't like it at first but the more I look at it the more I like it.
                As weird a shape that is , I bet it's real comfortable to play sitting down.
                If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Its not too bad for sitting down, the big swooping cut out (where the jack is) kinda fits "acoustic style" sitting and playing. Although the jack is alittle in the way. Otherwise you get the top horn in your torso abit sitting regularly.

But... still better then sitting with a Warlock which is the most uncomfortable shape I think I've tried.

Although its kinda hard to look very "metalish" sitting down playing this shape. :ROTF:

Still wondering if I wanna get some sticker inlays (blasphemy right?) or something if they even exist to put on the blank fret board. Still find myself fumbling around for position at times. Or do I just stick it out and eventually adapt.

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick
                    Is this what Steve Smyth form Nevermore uses? (7 string version)
                    Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikernaut2
                      Still wondering if I wanna get some sticker inlays (blasphemy right?) or something if they even exist to put on the blank fret board. Still find myself fumbling around for position at times. Or do I just stick it out and eventually adapt.
                      Personally, I'd just get used to using the side-markers.

As you can see, I love guitars without inlays.

Comment

Working...
                      X