Washburn N4 arrived!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washburn N4 arrived!!!!

I've been wanting one of these for a long while, and it finally happened! Our own MCD (Brian McDonald of Jackson) fixed me up with this one. It was owned by Alex Perez of the Fender custom shop. The story is that Brian and Alex ordered a pair of these from the Washburn custom shop, Alex decided to sell his, and I got lucky! These were ordered to Vintage specs, without the crappy looking "relicing", Alder body, and an OFR. This thing is 99.9% mint and completely original. The pups are BL L500 in the bridge and a Duncan 59 in the neck. The neck is unfinished with an ebony board.....feels so fucking awesome! I have to thank our friend Brian once again for great service, and a super deal. He went out of his way to make this transaction a fun one.....definitely an asset to Jackson!

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

I had the pleasure of playing one of the custom shop Nunos and they are incredible guitars. The neck on them are comfortable as hell and that Bill Lawrence pup sounds great. Nice score

Comment

Yeah - that's nice! Great necks, instantly comfortable.
      Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Comment

holy crap I never saw the back of one of these before, had no idea that extra part at the upper horn joint was part of the neck. that's pretty sick!
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb
          holy crap I never saw the back of one of these before, had no idea that extra part at the upper horn joint was part of the neck. that's pretty sick!
          Yeah, they call that the "Stephens Extended Cutaway". If you like a very comfortable upper fret access but don't like neck-thrus (like me), these can't be beat. Actually one of the most comfortable axes I've ever played. That part was designed by Stephens Stringed Instruments in seattle.

Comment

Very cool guitar. Love the "N4" stickers. Congrats on the score!

Comment

nice!
              washburn is my second fav guitar company next to J/C.
              how do folks on this board generally feel about washburn custom shop?

Comment

Cool, and because it's not relic'd, you can remove the stickers

I've always wanted an N4 but for whatever reason, I've never actually pulled the trigger on one.....hmmmmm
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Sweet guitar!!

I played an N4 padauk a few years ago and it still is the best guitar I've played to date. I regret SOOOOO badly that I didn't pick it up.

Comment

I wonder why the J/C guys picked up these?
                    Any chance that some of the features will show up in Jacksons in the future?
                    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

what does paduk sound like?

Comment

Very cool guitar. I played one back when they first came out and thought it was great. Congrats on an awesome score!

Comment

That's so awesome!!!!
                          I've always loved those guitars.
                          Nice score bro!

Comment

Congrats on a great score. I always wanted one, but never got around to it.

Please don't paint this one slimy green or sumpthin'
                            It's killer as is.
                            Henrik
                            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
                              Congrats on a great score. I always wanted one, but never got around to it.

Please don't paint this one slimy green or sumpthin'
                              It's killer as is.
                              I promise Henrik!

Comment

Working...
                              X