Washburn N4 arrived!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's gorgeous! Congrats.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
      Please don't paint this one slimy green or sumpthin'
      It's killer as is.
      They do make different colored stains that will still keep the nice wood grain showing, though. I know, I shouldn't encourage him!
      :ROTF:

Comment

hey, you're getting the same level of respect as Newc when he gets a new axe now! He gets the Krylon jokes, you get the slime green

That is sweeeet! I kind of sated my Nuno cravings with a 91 N2 earlier this year, but an N4 would be something else altogether.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Super Nice. Congrats on the score!
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by skorb
            holy crap I never saw the back of one of these before, had no idea that extra part at the upper horn joint was part of the neck. that's pretty sick!
            Ditto. I always wondered why there was that different colored section near the upper horn. Now I know!

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG
              hey, you're getting the same level of respect as Newc when he gets a new axe now! He gets the Krylon jokes, you get the slime green

That is sweeeet! I kind of sated my Nuno cravings with a 91 N2 earlier this year, but an N4 would be something else altogether.
              Well G, I have to admit to everyone that I did seek professional help. My therapist made me agree to not paint anything else green for a while. And I'm going to stick to it. I can do it. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.....
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Nice score. I picked up a N2 about 6 yrs ago and it is one of the best playing guitars I own. Maybe I should think about adding a N4 to the stable...

Comment

Originally posted by owlhead
                  Nice score. I picked up a N2 about 6 yrs ago and it is one of the best playing guitars I own. Maybe I should think about adding a N4 to the stable...
                  Yes, you definately should...

Comment

Simple -> Nuno rules! Plus, it's a guitar Grover Jackson designed with Nuno, so it's almost a Jackson, LOFL!

Originally posted by Flatpicker
                    I wonder why the J/C guys picked up these?
                    Any chance that some of the features will show up in Jacksons in the future?
                    \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

...sure! Trust me, there's nothing even remotely similar between an N4 and any Jackson I've ever owned or played. Of course I'm a Charvel/jackson lifer, but the N4 is totally its own animal both in playability and tone. Besides guitars I've built (or assembled) the N4 is only one of two "other" brand electrics I own besides my Charvels or Jacksons. Matter of fact, it's the only Washburn I've ever wanted to own (and I've played my share). My other favorite axe (outside of Charvel/Jackson) is my Ibanez RG570.

The cool thing is, within those axes I can hear and "feel" a difference in sound and playability to the extent that I can pick a particular guitar to play based on whatever my mood is at the time.

I used to have a lot of guitars, but now I don't have many. What I can say now is that I enjoy playing EVERY axe I own! I have what I feel is an "axe for every occasion". My goal now is to get rid of my acoustics and find one I really like. I'm working on that.
                      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Do you find the BL pickup really bright ?.....I played one of those in a music store a whileback but they wanted way to much. Your task now is to go learn all of those old Nuno licks
                        Damn this is an expensive hobby.....

Comment

This neck joint feature is way cool. I feel GAS.

Comment

Nice guitar... also probably the only Washburn I like... only thing I don't dig is the sticker
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Originally posted by Robotechnology
                              Nice guitar... also probably the only Washburn I like... only thing I don't dig is the sticker
                              Same here.

Comment

Wow !! Nice Mark !!! Good luck with it !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X