my new PRS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new PRS

i love CE-24 PRS. i was at GC today and i saw this guitar. i had to have it. i wanted one ever since i saw it on the PRS website, although mine has black knobs and PU rings. i am gonna change them to chrome rings and gold knobs. it may look more "hot rod'.

anyway, it had a chip in it so i got it for a KILLER price. the chip kinda bothers me, but now when i gig with it i don't care if it gets dropped.

it has no strings because i had to lemon oil the fretboard. it was VERY dry. i also had to strip the back of the neck. i hate the finish PRS has on the back. it voids the warranty but i don't care.

this CE is all mahogany, no maple cap at all. i haven't plugged it in yet. maybe tomorrow....

now for the pics:

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

the color is "blazing copper". i like it a lot. i don't really like the maple headstock. i prefer the old ones that were black. but for what i paid, who cares!!!! you can see the chip in this picture. i am gonna see if i can find some car touch paint that is similar and see if i can fix it. if not, that's okay.

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Nice score. The chip just gives it character.

Comment

Love that color. Sweet looking PRS for sure.
        I have been on a PRS mood for the last 7 days. Such well built guitars.

Congrats!!
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

very nice...I also like the color. Congrats
          www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
          My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Originally posted by markD
            although mine has black knobs and PU rings. i am gonna change them to chrome rings and gold knobs. it may look more "hot rod'.
            Stay black or go with chrome. Gold would not look good on that guitar, IMO, especially mixed with the chrome. It is a very cool looking guitar, though!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

thanks guys. i am stringing it up now. i can't wait to fire it up!!! i hope it is half is killer sounding as my other CE24 was.
              GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Nice score! I love that color....I own 2 McCarty's and can't rave enough about the PRS quality.....I have been keeping my eye open for a cheap CE or SAS for a while now.
                Damn this is an expensive hobby.....

Comment

Very cool Mark, bring it over!

Shawn
                  Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Congrats. Really nice color.

Anyone know why they glue on the headstock side wing tips? It would seem to me that if the CNC could be programmed to carve out the top of the headstock, or any other part of the guitar for that matter, they would be able to carve out the headstock in one piece.

Comment

Originally posted by 86mod5
                      It would seem to me that if the CNC could be programmed to carve out the top of the headstock, or any other part of the guitar for that matter, they would be able to carve out the headstock in one piece.
                      It has nothing to do with the ability to "carve" wood. Its the size of the wood blank they use for the neck. They take a neck blank and glue on two pieces one to each side, then they cut the neck out. They don't cut and then glue. This is typical in instrument manufacture. Its a question of having a blank big enough to do the whole thing in one piece.
                      -------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk
                        It has nothing to do with the ability to "carve" wood. Its the size of the wood blank they use for the neck. They take a neck blank and glue on two pieces one to each side, then they cut the neck out. They don't cut and then glue. This is typical in instrument manufacture. Its a question of having a blank big enough to do the whole thing in one piece.
                        When I was watched the PRS DVD during the Factory Tour Section, the CNC carved the headstock "straight" at those sections. The machine definitely took off wood in those areas. Thats why I assumed that they cut, then glued. I'm still confused.

Comment

that is why i like the black faced headstock better. my old CE24 was the same way, but you couldn't see it from the front.

shawn, i haven't been over in a long time!! i still need to check out those collen archtops!!
                          GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

I love that color.

Mike
                            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Aren't CE bolt on necks isn't that like buying a Gibson bolt on?

Comment

Working...
                              X