X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one word.....Strings :ROTF:
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

yes it is a bolt on. i have had PRS set neck models. i don't like the heel or the finish. i also prefer the sound of the PRS with a bolt on neck.

personally i don't view it the same as buying a gibson bolt on. PRS initially did offer the CE as a more afordable version of the custom, but it also has a sound that is different than the custom.

the CE is really more of a bolt in neck. there is no blocky area that the neck screws into like a fender (or charvel - haha). it is very smooth and interesting. you should check one out sometime!!!
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD
        yes it is a bolt on. i have had PRS set neck models. i don't like the heel or the finish. i also prefer the sound of the PRS with a bolt on neck.

personally i don't view it the same as buying a gibson bolt on. PRS initially did offer the CE as a more afordable version of the custom, but it also has a sound that is different than the custom.
        FWIW The heel on the CE models is exactly the same shape and dimension as those on the set-neck models. The only difference between them (besides finish) is that one style uses glue and the other uses bolts under where the neck pickup is positioned.

And no - I agree with MarkD here - a PRS bolt-on is nothing like a Gibson bolt-on. There is no goofy flange poking out of the traditionally set-neck body. The PRS design uses a huge tenon (exactly like the set-necks) that travels through the body and under the neck pickup, where it's bolted in from behind. The feel and inherent tonality of both methods is, for all intents and purposes, identical. Any difference in tone is from the super-thin finish on the maple neck, as opposed to super-thick finish on a mahogany neck.

Plus, the CE is the only way to get a maple neck or fretboard on a PRS without shelling out 10 grand on a Private Stock.

Nice score, man! LOVE the color!

Comment

Originally posted by markD
          i am gonna see if i can find some car touch paint that is similar and see if i can fix it. if not, that's okay.
          Suzuki had a similar color on their Hayabusa 1300 a few years back. I don't know if they sell touch up paint or not:
          http://www.koups.com/sales/suzuki/im...sx1300rzk3.jpg

Alternately you might check at the drug store and see if they have any nail polish that is similar.

Comment

Right on!

Comment

Oh yeah, sweet guitar! I had a CE24 and it was a very nice instrument. The quality of the wood, hardware, and fit/finish was second to none. Nice!

Comment

Nice color. Chip schmip play it and love it. Now the first chip you put in it yourself wont matter as much. lol And yeah go chrome or black rings gold would just look icky. Yeah I said icky :P
                Gil

Comment

when i was talking about gold, i didn't mean gold metal....gold plastic like on a les paul, or this version of my guitar:

i think that looks better than mine (here's a pic of me playing it rehearsal):

it does play and sound GREAT!!!!! i really like it. it is hard because live i like to play my jacksons, but that PRS is SOOOOOO sweet. so i now play 5 guitars throughout the set!!!!
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Creme pickups with gold knobs are the way to go.
                    Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Very cool, I dig my '91 custom 24. Fun guitars!

Pete

Comment

yeah, that is what i was thinking. i bought some gibson speed knobs but they were too small for the PRS pots. they didn't go all the way down like the factory knobs.
                        GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

My bandmates would never let me live it down if I took five guitars to a show. Nice gig you got there, buddy!

Comment

yeah, it is a pretty cool gig. i have 20 guitars and i feel stupid not using them. so when we put our setlist together i figured in a way to play more than 2 guitars. one song has dropped c# tuning, the rest are in standard. even with my old band i played at least 4 different guitars during a show. carting them around sucks, but i figure i may as well use them if i have them!!!! i'm a player not a collector!!!!
                            GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Working...
                            X