Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS Custom 22 Rosewood

Well,

I have the opprotunity to buy my dream guitar--a PRS Custom 22 solid IRW neck in grey/black finish with a one piece top. The only problem is I'll have to part with my beloved LP Standard 50's neck trans-black (which is a rare bird itself). Anyone spent any extensive time with the Custom 22 IRW's? I really love the tone of my LP but I HATE painted necks. I played a Custom 22 IRW the day I bought my LP but just couldn't justify paying more for a finish I didn't like and an argueably inferior tone. I've got a nice LP but the allure of the IRW neck is KILLING me!!

Suggestions?

I love the way the PRS guitars with the rosewood necks feel...really different yet really awesome at the same time. I'd imagine that if you swapped out the pickups for something else then you might like the tone a bit more...sometimes those are the most underwhelming part of a PRS guitar.

Comment

irw necks are awesome!!!
      what about the prs tone is underwhleming for you?
      maybe swapping the pickups might help, perhaps a set of burstbuckers or a set of seth lovers.

Comment

I have an IRW McCarty and the feel is incredible. Don't ask me about LPs cause I just can't stand them.
        PRS just makes solid well crafted guitars.
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Yeah, and the Dragon II's in the CU22 rock. Dark and hot.

Go for it. UNLESS. the LP is a real keeper...

I have found that when I find an LP I really like, I cant let it go.

Shawn
          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I had a LTD McCarty IRW neck with a Brazzy fretboard in Matteo Blue with Wide Fat neck and that guitar was awesome. Wish I never sold it

Comment

Go ahead and buy it. I've never found a PRS I liked, and nitro necks don't bother me.

If a PRS is what you want, then get it - it's what you want after all.

Comment

I love my 60's neck standard and wouldn't part with it for anything. If you have a good LP, selling is hard because they are few and far between. I would save a bit longer and just buy the darn PRS outright.

chuck
                "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Originally posted by Chasbo
                  I love my 60's neck standard and wouldn't part with it for anything. If you have a good LP, selling is hard because they are few and far between. I would save a bit longer and just buy the darn PRS outright.

chuck
                  This is what I'd like to do but the IRW Cu22 are few and far between. Also, while the PRS' sound nice they just don't have that "les paul tone", which I guess nothing short of a les paul does. I think it's a good LP it's really resonate and plays really well but I absolutely HATE finished necks (I'll never buy a guitar w/ a finished neck again) so it sets in the case most of the time.

Comment

Get the custom and swap in some McCarty or other PAF style pickup and go out and rip! I have several PRS guitars and they play better and sound better than any Stock LP I have ever played. That being said the Custom's stock pickups are ok but I prefer the McCarty pickups handsdown. I have a ST-22 with Mcarty electronics and it kills!

Todd
                    Damn this is an expensive hobby.....

Comment

You could modify the neck on the LP.

Comment

Working...
                      X