Rubber strings???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubber strings???

Anybody played one of these? I'd like to hear what they sound like. Wierd, but kinda cool in a way.
    The Fender DeArmond Ashbory Bass and the Guild Ashbory Bass fretless electric bass have silicon rubber strings. Sounds more upright bass than bass guitar.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

i've come close to pulling the trigger on one of those many times. if i ever see one in a store...
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I didn't even notice the MP3 clip on the site. They sound badass! I think I'll order one just for kicks. http://www.largesound.com/ashborytour/sound/brobob.mp3

Comment

good, i'll snag yours in the classifieds next month
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Sounds like a plan!

Comment

They do sound very good. I played one when they first came out when Guild was making them. I couldn't afford it at the time as I was a poor college grad student. I think it was 1986 or something, and they were badass at the time and $345 back then. Expensive! I'd get one now
            Last edited by Bengal65; 08-03-2006, 09:22 PM.
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I think it's perfect for a guitar player who wants to record bass tracks for his/her masterpiece hit songs
              I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Working...
              X