Ibeenhad, and I LOVE it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibeenhad, and I LOVE it...

Ibanez number 6, and I dont wanna be a fanboy here, but WOW, Ibanez has blown my mind and delivered a keeper.

IT's been modded with two Duncan Alnico's, a three way switch, and the one know is a push pull volume to split.

It sounds amazing, it plays amazing, awesome fretwork, great feel. Wow Ibanez, this is an amazing guitar. I paid 650$ for it on the bay including the case and the guy also included the old pups. The finish is great, like an old violin.

Anyhow, heres some pictures. It's an AWESOME guitar. Bare bones, but classy and a tone monter!!!! (duncan Alnico's are great)

*photobucket killed the size and quality, but the orig pictures do the guitar justice*

What are the pickups exactly?

By the way, that is a sweet looking guitar. It might even be the perfect Ibanez. What are the full specs on it? I haven't followed Ibanez in the past year.

Comment

it's an ibanez RGA121. you can find the specs in their site.
      and yes, the RGA series introduced last year has been a blast. It impressed lots of non-fanboys. and every time I go to my local GC I see one with a different top. they are moving a lot of these.
      but considering the price of the new jackson DK2T at 599 the RGA121 at 899 is a little high. the thing has no veneer, no inlay, no binding...
      and the model with flame top RGA321 costs 1499!!!
      that's why USA jacksons are more and more attractive, imho.

Comment

Well, my honeymoon is quickly over. I went to adjust some wiring and I tried takign off the tone knob. Its one of those STUPID ones without a pilort screw, so when pullin git, I totally ripped out the shaft in the pot, ruining that 15$ purchase. THEN, I noticed there was a piece of solder on my workbench and sure as shit put a nice 1 inch scratch into the wood on the back.

*sigh* one of those days!

Comment

I'm diggin the Lawn Gnome personally & sweet guitar to!
          According To The Prophecy

Comment

Originally posted by withmyshadow
            it's an ibanez RGA121. you can find the specs in their site.
            and yes, the RGA series introduced last year has been a blast. It impressed lots of non-fanboys. and every time I go to my local GC I see one with a different top. they are moving a lot of these.
            but considering the price of the new jackson DK2T at 599 the RGA121 at 899 is a little high. the thing has no veneer, no inlay, no binding...
            and the model with flame top RGA321 costs 1499!!!
            that's why USA jacksons are more and more attractive, imho.
            Forget that! I'll take USA Jacksons at those prices.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini8026
              Well, my honeymoon is quickly over. I went to adjust some wiring and I tried takign off the tone knob. Its one of those STUPID ones without a pilort screw, so when pullin git, I totally ripped out the shaft in the pot, ruining that 15$ purchase. THEN, I noticed there was a piece of solder on my workbench and sure as shit put a nice 1 inch scratch into the wood on the back.

*sigh* one of those days!
              Sorry to hear that but now that the honeymoon is over you can start getting to work on that fine guitar instead of worrying about scratching it up.

Comment

Hey! in pic #2, is that Mr. Gopher? or Mr. Squirrel?

..cool axe.. is that MIJ or in Korea?

Comment

That is one seriously beautiful guitar, if I ever find an Ibeenhad like that, I might have to just test it out!
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy
                    Hey! in pic #2, is that Mr. Gopher? or Mr. Squirrel?

..cool axe.. is that MIJ or in Korea?
                    Looks like Mr. Duck

Yeah, those are really nice guitars. Last time I played one, there was two at the store. One really felt good and the other felt like shit. I almost pulled the trigger on the good one.

-Nate
                    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by nateb
                      Looks like Mr. Duck

Yeah, those are really nice guitars. Last time I played one, there was two at the store. One really felt good and the other felt like shit. I almost pulled the trigger on the good one.

-Nate

To the right background.. in the yard.. under the planter or feeder..under the hanging frog.

Comment

That is our guardian Simyon the garden gnone... he does a good job, except with wood spiders, we seem to have an abundance this year of them.

Mr duck is behind the guitar, mr squirrel is protecting the garden.

Comment

Working...
                        X