Guild F212

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild F212

these are the eBay seller's pics of my new fiddle.

so new I have not received it yet LOL.

1977 Guild F212 Grand Auditorium in near mint condition, one owner. it just needs some love.

this is my holy grail guitar, I've wanted one of these for years.

the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Nice one man! I also have a Guild 12 string, but it's a semi.
    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

what do you mean by semi? different body shape?

Comment

semi-hollowbody, im assuming? f-holes and all that.

Comment

Semi-acoustic 12 string. If I get time, I'll post some pics.

Comment

Here you go...(Right-most) All original Starfire XII, from 1966. ABBA owned this bird at one point...

Comment

wow that's a nice 12 there Sanctuary.
              how does it play? moreover, how well does it stay in tune?

does yours have the double truss rods like their acoustic 12's?

Comment

I doubt it's got the double truss rod, as it was built in 1966. Seems to stay in tune quite well. The neck has a small profile for a 12 string. Very jangly.

I really like Guild's stuff. I wish I could find a Liberator (Elite)...that axe looks amazing.
                Last edited by Sanctuary; 08-06-2006, 01:14 AM.

Comment

I had no idea they made a superstrat

Comment

Ok and another question for you. that wood bridge on the Guild, is it affixed to the body? if not, how do you manage it? I've seen some that aren't, just curious.

Comment

Nah, it's held there by the string tension. In otherwords you can pretty much get the intonation bang on by moving it side to side or up/down. All the really OLD ones were like that.

Comment

interesting. so, it falls off every time you change strings, and you have to re-intonate all over again? do you have some kind of marker on the body for the correct positioning of that bridge? or do you just snug it up right on the pickup surround like it appears in the pic there?

Comment

Like I said, most of the old hollow bodies from this vintage (Gibbos etc.) were like that. Easy trick when you're changing strings is to use a piece of masking tape to mark where the bridge sits.

Comment

yeah I knew lots of the older jazz boxes had that floating bridge, and now the new Ibanez artcore guitars have the same thing.

if I bought one, I'd have my luthier attach it to the body, just less hassle, but that's me.

thanks for the info and kind words about my 12 bro!

Comment

received it, cleaned it, lemonoiled the board, restrung it, much better!

it's an amazing guitar. built like a mack truck.

you would not guess it is 29 yrs old. it clearly sat in the case most of that time.

the light reflection on back is from my under-shelf flourescents.
                              it's a mahogany body and sides w/ cherry finish and full solid spruce top w/ little flames in it.

it hardly has a mark on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X