Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warmoth Possibillities

I am planning on building a Warmoth Soloist style guitar

It will have an alder body maple maple neck pointy with a solid finish, or Swamp ash strathead with satin on the neck, or swamp ash witha trans blue pointy head aswell...

or the above second and third option with a schaller fixed bridge...

What do you think goes better, I have used trans blue on flame maple as there is no swamp ash effect on the jcf genrator so it's just a rough idea...

Ozz
    Candy purple pointy w/matching head
    19.23%
    trans blue swamp ash with trans blue head
    26.92%
    trans blue swamp ash and strathead.
    26.92%
    Candy purple schaller fixed bridge
    0.00%
    trans blue pointy schaller fixed bridge
    3.85%
    trans blue strathead schaller fixed
    23.08%
    Last edited by ozzuk1; 08-09-2006, 01:50 PM.

Is that going to be "premium lightweight alder?"
    "POOP"

Comment

I personally like the color matching Jackson headstock. If you go with a figured top body, have the headstock figured as well if possible. Hell, go all the way and have a truss rod cover made of figured wood as well, and have it painted too. I've never liked the look of truss rod covers, unless the headstock and cover matched in color.
      Just a guitar player...

Comment

Transblue strathead. Paint the head to match.

Mike
        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Make sure you spec a veneer maple cap on that FB.
          That and the premium lightweight alder.....
          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY
            Is that going to be "premium lightweight alder?"
            :ROTF:
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Actually i'm quite tempted to order a Floyd shelf'd mighty mite neck from jc guitars and a mighty mtie body and set it up for my Gotoh floyd, which I was going to use and have to shim the saddles to match the 16in radius of the warmoth neck...

So Is the premium lightweight alder way more expensive than the normal stuff?

Warmoth seem to have an awfull lot of hidden and extra charges...

I'm very likely to go with the mighty mite route as I will spend less money, and itll be easier to get the parts and body and neck as I can use papal for the neck and my card for the rest in the uk...

Allthough I would very much like to go down the Pointy swamp ash and candy purple route eventually...

Ozz

Comment

Warmoth

I vote for the trans blue swamp ash and strathead.

Warmoth makes great stuff, but it's NOT cheap, and yeah, the extras add up quickly.

If you want to get a better idea of how it will look, get an image showing a top like what you want and load it into the Custom Shop Generator. There are lots of good images available in the pics shown in Warmoth's Showcase. When I was in the Warmoth planning stages, my dilemma was that I wanted to see how a carved top would look. I used an image from Warmoth's Showcase with the generator, and it really helped. Here it is:

Comment

Soloist is neck thru.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The warmoth one isnt, but it's the same shape as the soloist dinkys mirages, and whoever else builds the modified strat body...

I may postpone it for a good few months, as I think I might aswell use some of the parts I have laying around, allthough the Swamp Ash and strat head are likely contenders.

I need to save for the Charvel too which hopefully I can order in the new year...

Thanks for the opinions guys!

Ozz

Comment

last 1. That is my vote.

Comment

Purple pointy!
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Srat head.
                          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Working...
                          X