Ran guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ran guitars

Anyone ever played one of these? This custom shop one is gorgeous IMO.

http://www.ranguitars.com/

Wow!

Comment

A guy on the HCAF has a custom V... He digs it a lot.

Comment

Yo newbie, we've had lots of discussions on Rans...check search function! Heh!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

A friend of mine ordered a RAN RR-copy, pearl white with black bevels, one hum, one vol, tune-o-matic bridge, ebony /w MOP sharkfins, neck thru, all mahogany... It looks beautiful, plays great and sounds awesome , the only thing not quite right being the RAN logo on the HS and the neck/body joint, it's no as well crafted as the J/C ones in the sense that the transition is "smoother" on the RAN one, making the neck around the 12-15 considerably fatter than on a J/C one, hard to explain, would need to take pics :p

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
            Yo newbie, we've had lots of discussions on Rans...check search function! Heh!
            i tried to search for some more threads and couldnt find them.....?

Comment

Damn! Search function is messed up again!

Comment

lol at the oldie

Comment

the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Seems to me like Ran makes some pretty awesome guitars, and I don't think Jeff Waters of Annihilator would settle with anything less than great..
                    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

lol yeah I am a J/C newb for sure, but at least this upcoming tuesday my first Jackson guitar (and 1st electric at that) will arrive. Trans Black 2006 DKMGT EMG 81/85's. Cant wait to play it and become a Jackson member!

Comment

Welcome to the forum dude, I'm new here to, I bought my first Charvel a couple of weeks ago, and boy am I in love
                        Be sure to posts some pics of your Jackson when you get it, it sounds like a mean machine that one
                        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

That DKMGT sounds bad assed, you'll need to play around with the pickup heights and amp settings to get a not so brittle and sterile tone.

I own the 24 RR with Iron crosses in snow white, and I've got another super Strat being built, I think they are starting to paint it at the end of august...

The only thing I might do is change the pickups to swinesheads, i'll see how the sound on my rig with my frankenstrat first though...

I also may loose one of the volume knobs, allthough I may keep the same layout on the RR...

I love the neck on the RR, and the 14 radius is great for bending but it isnt uncomfortable for me to Chord either...

Ozz

Comment

Originally posted by jjw
                            lol at the oldie
                            :ROTF:

Comment

LOL!!!that looks painfull! you have a Ran if my memory serves me well!good looking one too
                              Last edited by jjw; 08-10-2006, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X