No announcement yet.

Ran guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ron owns Rand V easy to get confused seeing as there is only a D difference in names...

I can't wait to get the pics of my second one, I will post them when I get them, i'm sure you guys will be amazed...

Comment

On the specs page they have all these terms that mean nothing to anyone but them. Like when you are picking headstock and body shape, what's a "cruiser?" Hard to pick what you want when they on purpose don't call things what they are.
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I hope RAN gets sued... Copying BC RICH, Rico Jr., Dean, etc. How can they get away w/ this?

Comment

It's nothing new really.. Imagine Gibson suing every guitar company making a flying v.. Or Fender suing every strat-like guitar-makers, even makers of superstrats.. Damn there wouldn't be many guitars left
          "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

But fair enough. After checking out the gallery some of the guitars seem a bit too similiar to certain other brands... There's no doubt the guys at Ran are good, so maybe they should be a bit more daring and try something new, try out some new ideas perhaps?
            "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

They don't choose the option's or shapes of the guitar's. It's a custom shop, so they are not in charge of what the people want on their guitars. They should be not be sued because those guitars a designed by the customer and not Ran Guitars themself's. And besides the guitar shop is located in Poland so they probley cannot get sued.
              http://bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=5076968905 <--My Band

Comment

US companies can't touch e'm, they arent really makigna dent in the production models sales anyways, and like most custom shops they are forced to make what the customer orders, I will be ordering two hi/vision models in the future one for my teacher and one for me, these have thier own original headstock design that is similar to carvins rounded one and a strat.

Yeah the older website made more sense in regards to the custom order form, as the models were displayed, the cruiser is actually displayed on the main page under cruiser which is a super strat style shape similar to the Gunslinger?

The vision is flat top dinky/soloist style guitar which Ran definately arent the first to copy, and the hivision is the archtop version...

Very good quality guitars, at the end of the day if you must havea jackson then you probably are going to get one weather or not Ran offer something equally as good for less...

And about the designs guitarists as a whole dont liek too mcuh change most of you prefer the stat heads to the psuedo strat style head on charvels and the phill collen model, and a lot of us prefer the full size strat body to the dinky/soloist...

So it's the gutiarists whoa re buying that wan't the same stuff, I wouldnt e suprised if Ran ahd a lot of good adn original designs that we could ahve but they probably would sell very few...

Ozz

Comment

Originally posted by Megalightning
                  They don't choose the option's or shapes of the guitar's. It's a custom shop, so they are not in charge of what the people want on their guitars. They should be not be sued because those guitars a designed by the customer and not Ran Guitars themself's. And besides the guitar shop is located in Poland so they probley cannot get sued.
                  Those designs are not designed by the customers. My point is, do you think just because I'd want a Warlock, that the Jackson Custom Shop or DEAN would make me one? I'm surprised Jackson hasn't said anything about the Kelly in white w/ black pin stripes. Anyway, this is just a little odd.

Comment

Jackson ahs made in teh past plenty of other companies shapes roundhorn v ring a bell, it was only because they had to stop making them adn they are a us manufacturer who have to comply to design infringments and whaatnot or get sued, look at prs with the single cut, granted that's been rectified but even something that the average joe could tell the difference between something that was similar to a Les Paul to an actual les paul was rediculous..

I wouldnt be suprised if people in the 80's did actually order a Warlock from the jcs.

And again they cannot be sued by any company theyve ripped off because the copyright laws arent in effect in Poland, at least from what i've asked of the guys they seem to want to use thier own designs unlike shamray who seem to love the fact they can't be touched by Gibson or Fender or anyone...

But then Everytime someone brings ran up there is always one person saying something similar too... "ofmg how can they make those111 omfg11111"

I'll be quite happy to use thier own headstock logo but I'm also quite happy to use the Dinky/Soloist body as it's one of the most comfortable for me, however as this was an improved or mdoified start that grover designed, not too mention jackson right now has one model I will buy the DK2M, which I will buy in 07 sometime...

They also have thier invader headstock as dangerous as it looks which is thier design...A few customers have ordered invaders with this but many more have opted for a point jackson BC rich or ESP style....

Ozz

Comment

Working...
                    X