'57 goldtop LP price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '57 goldtop LP price?

Anyone knows how much Gibson '57 Goldtop Les Paul costs these days?
    I'm talking about the originals not the reissues.

Thanks!
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

100k+
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

holy shit, reissues are for me then I guess
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik
        holy shit, reissues are for me then I guess
        What did you think they would cost?

Older LP's like a 1952 only go for the sub $40K range, maybe even under $20K.

Comment

I have one. They cost $3.1k brand new.

On EBAY, one in perfect condition will cost you $1.8-2k.

I'm wondering they're going to stop making them altogether soon because of the VOS line.

I bought mine when the price was still reasonable.

Comment

C'mon Endbat, just roll for a real '59 flametop cherry sunburst, it's no big deal,
            all you have to do is go along with this plan I came up with this morning, the money will flow after we knock off this place where the Govt. hides all of the countries gold bars. It's really simple-lol
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Yep.... there was a really great original 57 Goldtop on Ebay a month or so ago. Opening bid was $115,000.

The recent Custom Shop Goldtops are very nice.

Also, recently, Gibson has been making the Les Paul Standard avaiable in a Goldtop finish. You've got your pick of 50's neck or 60's neck.

The Les Paul Classic Goldtops are nice too, if you do like that slim 60's neck.

I think these are pretty decent buys if you are not dead set on having a Custom Shop LP.....

Last edited by bsteff666; 08-10-2006, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Don't you wish you had a time machine?

Just think of all of the stuff you could buy...cars, guitars, LAND, stocks...you would come back to enormous wealth.

Mike
                Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

The key is figuring out the present goldmines........

It seems so easy...and it may be. But we wont know for a while, eh?

Shawn
                  Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I don't know I'ld rather have a newer one they make them really close to the original. The old ones would be great but I'ld be afraid to play out with it for fear of it being broken or stolen.

Comment

Originally posted by jtr
                      I don't know I'ld rather have a newer one they make them really close to the original. The old ones would be great but I'ld be afraid to play out with it for fear of it being broken or stolen.
                      Yeah +1, Guitars are mean't to be played. If one has a lot of money and is into collecting rare guitars that might be the ticket. Not me, I'd be scared even if it were in my house.
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy
                        C'mon Endbat, just roll for a real '59 flametop cherry sunburst, it's no big deal,
                        all you have to do is go along with this plan I came up with this morning, the money will flow after we knock off this place where the Govt. hides all of the countries gold bars. It's really simple-lol
                        with your plan we can wisit uncle Billy and get his Pearly

but we gotta watch out because Bruce Willis and Sam Jackson will start looking for us.

bsteff666, yeah those new CS ones look really nice, I would love the one with 50's fat roundback neck.
                        Last edited by Endrik; 08-11-2006, 01:27 AM.

Comment

The VOS thing is crap, you hold a VOS then the real thing and there is no comparison.The Plek machine makes the frets look like really bad fret job.Half the time the fretboard is warped looking.Its gibsons way of getting out of having to level the fretboard before fretting.
                          I've seen brand new VOS pleked LPs come in at rsguitarworks for a board level and a refret.Why pay $4-5K for a guitar and then it playes like shit and you have to get it fixed.JMO
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I've heard they also sound like shit, well not shit but nothing special, Gibson is using cheaper woods and whatnot.

Comment

My VOS SG Standard is the best playing modern Gibson I have ever played. I've owned literally 100's of high-end Gibson's. The VOS I received is incredible. The wood is VERY high grade.

Comment

Working...
                              X