Fender Toronado GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Toronado GT

Well they are blowing these out, mahogany body, maple neck, sounds like a nice sounding guitar. Anyone had a chance to play one?

Find what you are looking for at Guitar Center with the GuitarCenter.com site map. Browse by product, brand and more

Looks kinda ugly imo - racing stripe gone wrong? haha.

Comment

if u like seymour duncans than yes but i don't so it sucks on that point and yes it is an ugly guitar and b) i don't actually no anyone who's ever been seen playing one...

Comment

see and besides the stripe, i actually like the way it looks.

Comment

I have played on that was orange minus the stripe. It played well through a small practice amp. The neck left a bit to be desired, kind of thick. The one I played was MIM are these as well?

Comment

The body reminds me of the Mark Morton signature. Just reverse the top horns.

Comment

Jackson has too much slope on the butt making it look silly. Fender keeps their butt more perpindicular to the centerline of the guitar on their offset designd like that; makes them a little less silly looking.

chris

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14
                see and besides the stripe, i actually like the way it looks.
                Me too!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I had the mexican one with dual hums.
                  The short scale and thin "vintage" fretwire weren't good for me, but the guitar was really nice for what it was. I also didn't care for the Gibson dual volume/tone setup.
                  The "Atomic" humbuckers were good too. If it was standard fender scale w/larger frets I would have been more comfortable.

Basically it's a fender for people that love Gibsons and a damn good one.

**edit: Looks like that one has med/jumbos and seymour duncan ?? (59s?). That's a step in the right direction for me. Don't care for the color/stripes, but it's ok.
                  When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

The green/black looks the best...

Comment

Is this a USA model with a Case? If so, I may pick one up. Their description is horrible of it. Jack.

Comment

I just looked at the MF site and it doesn`t say where it is made, but it doesn`t come with a Case and it has a 9.5 radius fingerboard. The fingerboard radius alone keeps me away, if it was a 12 inch-maybe. My guess is that this guitar is a Mexican model due to no case. Jack.

Comment

They are made in Korea

Comment

That stripe is just hideous.
                            If you get one, refin right away.
                            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I was really interested in these, I played a Mexican one (before the stripe model) and was not impressed, frets were rough, and while it was probably set up, it buzzed pretty bad, overall quality seemed just mediocre to me
                              I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Working...
                              X