X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say 2. Full strat curves rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Econ
      I don't know if I should thank you or what for your remarks. I started this thread just because I wanted opinions on what some of you would do if you guys were in my position. Of course the last word is mine! Of course I'm the one that needs to like whatever option I end up choosing! We live in a democracy and therefore I respect your opinion, but remarks like that take the fun out of posting here. I guess I'll be more careful next time I post something here. I certainly don't want to ask questions that will make me look lame.
      I certainly didn't mean to take the fun out of posting...I apologize for coming off harshly.

My intent was simply to get you to think for yourself. I have seen threads recently where someone wanted to know the nut width of a certain guitar so they could copy it for one of their own. That really makes no sense if the person plans on playing it as everyone will have a personal preference. Just because "player A" copies the nut width, radius, fret size, etc. of George Lynch's guitar, it doesn't mean that it will feel right to that player and it certainly won't help him sound like George. Size the neck to your preferences, not those of your hero.

This was the same point that I was trying to make to you...it will be your guitar, you need to choose what you like best and not let anyone else influence you.

I think these forums create too much of a "look what I have" atmosphere sometimes which causes some people to want go with something that board thinks is cool, as opposed to what they may really want.

No harm meant.

Comment

I've been torn between options before, and posted here to hear everyones input. There's nothing wrong with that at all. I think this is probably one of the few internet forums where you CAN actually get valuable opinions. In no way does that make anyone lame.
        Now about the guitar....I'd definitely go with the Strat if you're using a pickguard. Without the guard, dinky all the way!
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
        X