Please help me choose between these guitar bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me choose between these guitar bodies

I have a Fender HM guitar and I love the neck, but don't like the sound I get from the body. I want a Mahogany body, top routed so I can add a pickguard, and want the body routed for a non-recessed floyd rose, so I can use the original floyd rose I currently have on the guitar. I'm considering these two bodies and would like you to tell me which one would you choose. Keep in mind that I could get either of the two bodies top-routed. Please give me your opinion based on the two bodies I'll present here. I'm not considering bodies from any other place. Byb the way, these bodies are made by fellow forumite Slash.

or

Here is a picture of my Fender HM with the neck I want to use.

Aren't those Hm strats an in-between scale? Like 25" or something odd like that?
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

I have no clue, but I thought they were 25.5. I guess I'll have to do some more research.

Comment

I'd use the second body. No doubt about it.

Comment

I found out that the scale is 25" so now I wonder if I would be able to get a Slashware body that will work on this neck. I still have to find out the heel width.

Comment

Econ,

To check the scale of your guitar measure form the nut to the 12th fret then double that number. If it measures 12.75" then it is 25.5" scale. But it doesn't matter what the scale is. If you want a body for that neck I can make sure it fits it correctly

Comment

I found out that the scale is 25". Does anyone know the heel width?

Comment

Originally posted by Econ
                I found out that the scale is 25". Does anyone know the heel width?
                Its probably standard Fender, but why not just take the neck off and measure it?
                Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack71
                  I'd use the second body. No doubt about it.
                  +1

and Slash will do you a great job of building a body for a specific neck. Look at my post here for the one he did for my neck. http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58425
                  www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

For some reason I'm feeling more drawn to the first body. As soon as I make up my mind, I'll send the neck to Slash so he can build a body that will fit perfectly with the neck.

Comment

I like the first body as well. Are you going to use the original bridge or something like an OFR? Something to check, if you are use the same bridge, is checking the mounting insert diameter.
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I would like to use the same bridge, which is an original floyd rose. I will check the insert diameter. I wonder how the first body will look with a pickguard.

Comment

I think questions like this are pretty lame...sorry. It's going to be your guitar so YOU have to be comfortable with it. Who gives a shit what the rest of us think? Do you plan on playing it, or posting pics to see how many "oohs" and "aahs" you can get? I hope it's the first choice.

Play what you like, don't pander to the masses. No matter which way you go, I'm sure you'll end up with a cool guitar when it's done. Good luck with the project!

Comment

I don't know if I should thank you or what for your remarks. I started this thread just because I wanted opinions on what some of you would do if you guys were in my position. Of course the last word is mine! Of course I'm the one that needs to like whatever option I end up choosing! We live in a democracy and therefore I respect your opinion, but remarks like that take the fun out of posting here. I guess I'll be more careful next time I post something here. I certainly don't want to ask questions that will make me look lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Econ
                              I certainly don't want to ask questions that will make me look lame.
                              Nah - it was the purple pickups that made you look lame!

j/k
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X