Performance Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Guitars

I have read several stories about how guitar players have brough their Charvels and Les Pauls to Perfromance for a rebuild in hopes of getting a better guitar. It appears that Performance is even building new guitars that resemble old Charvels. I wonder, how would a Performance guitar rate toa Charvel custom shop guitar? Has anyone had experience in this area?

I owned a Performance Super Strat made in "84" It was a fantastic guitar. Very heavy and had a wonderful neck with Brazilian Rosewood fret board. It was a Hum/Single configuration with the hockey style headstock. The only down side was the Edge Floyd it had. I know their current models are big $$ but I got a smokin' deal on mine because it was a surf green color and no one would buy it so the shop marked it down to $600.

Comment

Not to nitpick, but I think this would belong very squarely in the "Guitars by other manufacturers" section, no??

Comment

Does it belong there? Depends on how you read my question. That is, if you did read it. This question is clearly not just about Performance Guitars but also U.S. made Charvels and the parallels between them.

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 09-23-2008, 03:43 PM.
          Just a guitar player...

Comment

As this is about Performance guitars with just a comparitive reference to Charvels, then yup, "Guitars by Other Manufacturers" it is!

I had a Performance guitar from the early 90's - Solid flame maple body, really flat wide neck. Great guitar, but didn't feel anything like a Charvel.....
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by stgabriel
              Does it belong there? Depends on how you read my question. That is, if you did read it. This question is clearly not just about Performance Guitars but also U.S. made Charvels and the parallels between them.
              You´re asking about Performance in comparison to Charvels... the Charvel is most obviously not the main point of interest, so yes, this thread belongs in a section dedicated to answering such questions, and not one reserved for discussion of actual Charvel instruments.

Still convinced I didn´t read it, Newb?

Comment

I can tell you this much...Warren is playing his Performance guitars on tour...even though he has a Charvel signature line out......

Mike
                Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin
                  I can tell you this much...Warren is playing his Performance guitars on tour...even though he has a Charvel signature line out......

Mike
                  I wonder why, honestly? Is the Charvel models replicas or signature models? I am not sure.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks to everyone who replied with interesting info. And thanks to the others who probably aspire to have productive careers in law enforcement. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                    X