Schenker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schenker

Ok.. The thing is I'm such a big fan of Michael Schenker it's not even funny..
    So, I'm concidering buying either a Gibson Flying V faded or a Dean Michael Schenker signature (probably a "cheaper" version though)..
    Now, I can get the faded V or the Dean at approx. the same prices I think, here in Norway anyway..
    Have anyway tried both of them? How are they compared to each other?
    The Dean has got the signature black and white Schenker finish, which I think is cool as hell, but if it sounds like crap I really don't want to bother..
    So what do you think?

Any help will be appreciated, as always
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Depends on which model Dean exactly... if it's the cheaper import one, then i'd go running for the V Faded.

Comment

Go for the Schenker, one of my fav guitar players as well.
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

ESP makes a Schenker V for Japan only. Theres one on EBAY now for 750 I think....
        A better guitar that the Faded and the Cheaper Dean by far.....IMHO.
        "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

yeah by all means get the Gibson. avoid the cheap MS Dean, it's Chinese junk. I know the expensive USA models are nice, but still, that headstock. :ROTF:

I'm a Schenker nut myself and I got the classic white V last year, and I totally love it. if I were you I'd wait and save up the difference for a real finish model and forget the Faded. after 3 months of owning it you'll be glad you did.
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Schenker rules gonna see him next month, & I'd go for the Gibson as well..
            “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

We just started getting those Deans at work...I was surprised to see that the $800-$1000 Schenker and Dimebag guitars are all made in China as well. I'd get the Gibson.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84
                We just started getting those Deans at work...I was surprised to see that the $800-$1000 Schenker and Dimebag guitars are all made in China as well. I'd get the Gibson.
                What? They are? That's just stupid.. I don't think the workers in China get paid enough for Dean to crank the prices up that high.. Just insane man!

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86
                  What? They are? That's just stupid.. I don't think the workers in China get paid enough for Dean to crank the prices up that high.. Just insane man!
                  I saw the Chinese ones at summer NAMM. Garbage, for 1000 bucks. The Epi for $400 is probably a much better deal.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

$800-1000 for a Chinese made guitar? Insane.

Well I am currently "babysitting" a bunch of my neighbor's gear as he is moving and didn't want it laying around the basement with people going in and out of his house. Some of his guitars include a USA Wolfgang Standard, a Strat Plus, and a Faded V. Initially, I was playing the Strat a lot because I don't have one (or any S/S/S guitar) and of course the Wolfie is instantly comfortable because I have two Specials. But I have fallen in love with the V. The neck fits my smaller hands well and the sound/tone is awesome! The mahogany with the ceramic pickups is a great combo. It reminded me why I like humbuckers -lol. I've never owned a V but find it very comfortable (I almost always play standing) and am thinking about asking him if he would sell it. Can you tell I like it?? I say get the Faded V!
                    BTW - I played a white one at GC last week but disagree with Skorb, I don't feel it's worth the extra $300-400.
                    Oh, and I just got my first Schenker CD last week - UFO's "Strangers In The Night" and it rocks! I can definitely see him moving onto my "favorites" list.
                    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I have one of the ESP (Japan) Schenker Vs. I like it a lot, although I dont play it much. $750 (if it's the one with block inlays and not the dot inlay version) is a great price. The block inlay version is a little more rare and I payed $1,100 a year ago for it. It'll easily stand up to the Gibby and destroy the low end Chinese Dean (that is a bolt on, BTW).

Comment

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/offici...e2.jpg&.src=ph

"POOP"

Comment

I've played a couple of those faded Gibson V's and they both ripped. Very loud and resonant acoustically and had a very comfortable neck profile.

Oh yeah, Schenker rules!

Comment

The Gibby faded Vs are nice-sounding, but the frets are horrible--at least on every one I've played. Get the frets properly dressed and you've got a nice axe. You can find them used for like $450-500, too.

Comment

I'm going to Germany with my class sometime during the schoolyear, maybe I can do a good buy there? It's gotta be cheaper than Norway anyway...
                              Anyone know anything about the prices on flying V's in Germany, or guitars in general there compared to Norway?

Viel dank

Comment

Working...
                              X