No announcement yet.

My Jem Project Completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is looking mighty fine! Great guitar!
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

That's a perfect Jem! Great swirl and no damn middle pickup to hit when you're picking -lol. Congrats!
      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Thanks for all the compliments! The project was very rewarding...a cool father/son bonding experience.

The paint was done by a guy named Nate Perle. He does pretty good work but I have seen better (Herc Fede is the man when it comes to swirls). Nate built the body as well and I had some issues that needed to be corrected (neck pocket route mainly). I didn't care for the volume knob placement but it really isn't an issue. Here is a link to some of his other work:

I was always a die hard Duncan guy, but I am really coming around on these Dimarzio pickups.

I just got permission from my son to use this guitar at my gig this Saturday...he wants to see it in action!

Comment

It looks Great!

Comment

Does this Nate guy live out by you? Cus i know a guy named Nate that does those finishes with his brother colin her in chicago. Or is this just a really strong coincidink? If this is the same guy. They are both stand up guys and ive some of thier work personaly. And its stunning with those swirls in person. Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK
              Does this Nate guy live out by you? Cus i know a guy named Nate that does those finishes with his brother colin her in chicago. Or is this just a really strong coincidink? If this is the same guy. They are both stand up guys and ive some of thier work personaly. And its stunning with those swirls in person. Gil
              I think this is the same guy.

Comment

very nice! man your son is one lucky kid! how much did it cost in total? and i think more pics are in order lol

Comment

**also it would have been killer to have gotten a matching swirl on the headstock imo but still very nice

Comment

Very nice! I love the colors in the swirl, very tasteful.
                    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

She looks great, you should post it over on Jemsite
                      Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

that finish looks so freakin cool!

I love it.
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Nice! There is a strong market for no-Jem Jems on ebay and Jemsite.

Every though about making them to sell?
                          Strat God Music
                          http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

Working...
                          X