New Super Relic Strat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Super Relic Strat!

I found this new 1960 super-relic in Shell Pink (which Fender only offers by custom-order) and instantly fell for it.

I've never seen another one in this color.
    Strat God Music
    http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Real man play Pink.
    Sweet axe for sure. How do you like the neck?
    I sold my '60 TM because the neck was too slim, otherwise it sounded incredible.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Ahh, the Pepto Bismol finish I like that one!
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

that thing rocks!

-Mike
        www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Yeah, the neck is thin at the nut, but I really like it.

I think what grabbed me was the fact that it's pink- but really beat up which makes it soooooo cool. Like a tough rock & roll biotch :^)
          Strat God Music

Comment

Awesome color.
            Not much for relics, but Shell Pink is the shiznit.
            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Looks like a good one. I like the roswewood board versions the best. The fingerwear marks in the Relic maple necks don't look so real sometimes. Congrats!

Comment

Budman68 is going to be jealous!:ROTF: Another pink one that he missed.
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

That guitar looks beat in the right places, very cool. Bet it sounds nice with the rosewood board.
                  Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Very cool. I was down on the relics until I played one. The worn in necks feel great.

Comment

Shell pink is my #1 Fender colour. Congrats!

Comment

Neck looks too new to be a relic.Is there any checking in the paint.Lets have a close up of the headstock and body.
                        Cool as hell color.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

that's pretty cool. The wear actually looks natural. Some relics are just obviously prematurely aged.

so when they relic these, do they hammer the frets down too? make it look like your brand new guitar needs a refret already?
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

You know how I know you're gay....you bought a pink guitar. LOL! J/K man! I love that color and the relic makes it even sweeter!!

Enjoy it!

And yes, a real man can play a pink axe!

Comment

I'm comfortable in my manhood to play PINK BABY !! :ROTF: The one thing about super-relics that is a dead givaway is the neck. My '56 in Surf Green has fingerboard wear up to the 7th fretunder the B and E, but the trets are new.
                              THis '60 Shell Pink has excellent wear on the back of the neck, but the frets are new and it's hard to "age" a rosewood board compared to a maple board.
                              I don't think I'd want an aged fingerboard/ frets anyway, but they did age the bakelite clay-dots nicely.
                              Strat God Music

Comment

Working...
                              X