Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the neck on this like the 95 SD Reissues??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the neck on this like the 95 SD Reissues??

Is the neck on these a fast playing neck like the 1995 Charvel San Dimas re-issues?? Any thoughts would be appreciated..........I am not a fan of standard fender C necks......I am not sure which fender has slim profile neck, aside from the HM strat series, that Greg Howe was endorsing

Those axes have a 9 1/2" fretboard radius and a 1 5/8" nut (R2), so I wouldn't even compare it to the SD reissues. Also, the SD's didn't have a thin neck, they were pretty chunky.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Yes I wouldnt compare them to the SD necks SD necks are fatter in comparison.The fenders have a medium C shape to them.Some folks will telll you they have a standard C shape and That is not true. Also some will tell you that they are just american standards with FR also not true.I own 2 of the fender usa floys rose strats and they are 2 of the best guitars i have ever owned.very versitile sound and hard to come by.

Comment

Originally posted by Groove_Machine
        Is the neck on these a fast playing neck
        I'm pretty sure the necks don't move fast or slow. If you have the technique and know how to play fast, the size of the guitar neck won't matter.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

"Also, the SD's didn't have a thin neck, they were pretty chunky."

The neck on my SDII was quite thin & wide Mark....not "chunky" at all!!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
            I'm pretty sure the necks don't move fast or slow. If you have the technique and know how to play fast, the size of the guitar neck won't matter.
            With all due respect and the fact that I am not very good, the profile of the neck makes a lot of difference to me. I probably have just about every profile neck you could have on a guitar. I have big hands. Being 6'6" tall, that makes sense. There are fast necks. The fastest neck I have is a Fender Strat Korean neck that is narrow and slim. My big old hand just skates on ice. I don't feel the U of my hand. My hand just floats up and down the neck.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

***I'm pretty sure the necks don't move fast or slow. If you have the technique and know how to play fast, the size of the guitar neck won't matter. ***

Dude, I am have been playing for like 20-22 years, I also have done the club scene back in the day. I am sorry but your statement is very innacurate, I have played std strats and the neck on the
              Re-Issues, Is very comfy and extremly fast for me.......the fit like a glove, On my Elitist LP custom...while others describe that neck as chunky... I find it slim and perfect despite being laquered it is extrmely fast neck........Going back to the standard fender neck, I have played some that were awefully, mind you
              they were early eighties USA models.......the were to round and chunky..........good for funk chords, some country blues licks........but nowhere near the Re-Issue necks, I had to get the necks shaved down and then they were somewhat descent..Technique is not an issue, If however if you have a crappy tool to work with its very frustrating......don't you agree?
              I was inquiring about FR strats because I had tried a Japaneese Model with FR Bridge and was not impressed......... The necks on the early Jackson PC1 models with the KOA bodies, I found very fat and did not like them too much as well.....to sum it up, its about prefrence & practicality mostly..Like they guy above I have rather chunky hands.....small fender necks are a problem to me.
              I don't have any issues on my Yamaha Classical Guitar, which I see as wide neck!
              Last edited by Groove_Machine; 09-13-2006, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Eh, I've got smaller hands but have never had any problem playing on any kind of neck, really. I do, however, seem to prefer thicker, rounder necks instead of thinner ones nowadays. Thinner necks will make your hand cramp up faster. Whatever works for you. I've also been playing for 20 years (well, I still think I suck at it, but that's another story). LOL
                Hamer actually did a study, many years back, stating that you get a more natural grip with a thicker neck and are less prone to cramps than on thinner necks.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

9 1/2" fretboard radius
                  Damn!
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                  X